Diesel near Dudley

BGA

Featured Posts

If anyone is in the Dudley area and in need of a top up it might be worth a side trip down to Halesowen I got diesel for 47p/Ltr you chose your split declaration.

Hawne Basin is cheaper.

Reward for braving Count Dracula in the tunnel perhaps?

My experience is that Wheaton Aston expects you to declare a %age non domestic.

ETA And before anyone asks, I'm taking the 5th on this!

Edited by Victor Vectis

I take it you mean Hawne Basin. Except you've got to go through Gosty Tunnel. Not so easy if you have boxes on your roof.

I have a high cabin top and BIG roof boxes, and I still fit down there, just. Some of the Hawne Basin moorers were flabbergasted at how I could get through. My answer - slowly!

I have a high cabin top and BIG roof boxes, and I still fit down there, just. Some of the Hawne Basin moorers were flabbergasted at how I could get through. My answer - slowly!

Met several Hawne Basin moored at the Bonfire Rally last year, some said no problem, others said we'd never get through. It's a pity there isn't a height gauge before you're committed.

We'll have to compare heights when next in Birmingham in November as Hawne is a considerable saving over Sherborne or Caggys.

Edited by pearley

Met several Hawne Basin moored at the Bonfire Rally last year, some said no problem, others said we'd never get through. It's a pity there isn't a height gauge before you're committed.

We'll have to compare heights when next in Birmingham in November as Hawne is a considerable saving over Sherborne or Caggys.

Actually, whilst height is restricted, I think it's the tumblehome that's the biggest issue making contact between the rails and tunnel shoulders a definite possibility.

Actually, whilst height is restricted, I think it's the tumblehome that's the biggest issue making contact between the rails and tunnel shoulders a definite possibility.

That isn't a problem with us. Have been through but that was before I fitted the boxes. As to height, other than the centre section I had to crouch a bit but then I do stand in a box.

No problem. I'm moored in Hockley Port now, where we have a delightful visitor mooring.