* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Hello,

Sadly we need the urgent assistance of the Forum.

Graham & Chris arrived tonight to visit their boat to find their boat missing,not having been here for 3 weeks.

Speaking to adjoining boaters reveals that 1 spoke to the man, to tell him which pontoon was called Moorhen, and him and 2 others saw the man drive off with the boat. There is some dispute whether this was 1 week ago or 2. I will try to nail that down. The man is medium build and nondescript.

The boaters that saw the thief said he new exactly which boat he was looking for because he went straight to it, used the keys he had to open the hatch, he started the engine, unplugged the shore power and cruised off. He was a boater as he drove off and did everything else with confidence, except find the pontoon.

The neighbours thought nothing of it as they knew the owners were getting work done on the boat and the guy definitely appeared to know the boat.

The owners are distraught that their 16 month old new build by Stenson (aka MCC and Midland Canal Centre) has been stolen.

The marina has keys (I am the marina manager) I have just confirmed we still have them. The keys were only handed once and that was to a pre-notified and known surveyor and we have a note of the date. The keys were returned on the same day.

The owners had taken the boat to Shobnall but it was just for a day and then back to the marina. Otherwise, all workmen attended while the owners were present.The boat had been out been to Stone and back in late June.

The owner is speaking to police now to get a crime number. I will post that once I have it.

The boat is not sign written. It is 50' NB cruiser stern in dark blue, maroon and cream stripes and a cream roof. It has the Stenson logo SB laser cut into the steel.

The blacking I am told is matt on one side and shiny the other as one side is over painted.

I have tried to load the only picture which shows much but first time I have done it. May need help.

Please share on Facebook. I am confident this is genuine even without a crime number.

regards

Robert Neff

post-5943-0-97703600-1469561186_thumb.jpg

Crikey.....well let's get looking people....any chance of some better pictures showing window layout or other external features?

I'm guessing it's not going to be that colour now and could well have travelled some distance by now.

I really feel for the owners.

Here's hoping it's found.

Cheers

Gareth

Blimey. Another one!

This sounds uncannily like the Chilton thread (http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=86025). Is there some sort of racket going on?

Hope it turns up soon. The forum is good at finding boats. Do post the Crime number asap as many here will be reluctant to get involved without it.

Mmmm this is a mess to say the least in 1 week it could be anywhere in 2 weeks it will have a new ID and look totally different bugger to say the least. Well I will keep an eye out for it but lets hope the the towpath drums catch it!!

Not sure about the SB bit, but do these boats have a piece of curved flat bar on the side of the cabin where it comes onto the cruiser stern? if so we passed one fitting that description today on the Ashby before Market Boswell.

I will be heading back down tomorrow and will keep looking.

Edited by ditchcrawler

very distinctive stern

Not sure about the SB bit, but do these boats have a piece of curved flat bar on the side of the cabin where it comes onto the cruiser stern? if so we passed one fitting that description today on the Ashby before Market Boswell

Was it like the pic just posted showing the distinctive stern?

post-5943-0-62842000-1469562500_thumb.jpg

Not sure about the SB bit, but do these boats have a piece of curved flat bar on the side of the cabin where it comes onto the cruiser stern? if so we passed one fitting that description today on the Ashby before Market Boswell.

I will be heading back down tomorrow and will keep looking.

I think that curved bar is a bit of a Stenson 'trademark'.

It looks like an unusual canoe bow shape & the position of the tunnel light just in front of the chimney. Does it have a welded HIN number on the starboard counter side? It would be useful to know what the HIN number is.

Edited by Flyboy

HIN number is GB-MCCSC438E414

It is not on a plate but stamped on the stern

Yes it has a fuel filler padlock but the key was on the boat

Hope they find it Robert.

Did anybody not see which way it headed, towards Stenson or Burton?

Hi Martin,

No one saw which way it was headed that we know of so far. Still getting the word out.

the owners have now joined CWDF so hopefully will post soon.

Neither I nor the owners are members of boating FB groups, can someone please add it to some of them?

Thank you all. We have had a terrible shock to find our boat not at the mooring and we do really appreciate you help. If you can let us have any information or sittings, we will try and respond as quickly as we can. We have an appointment with the police tomorrow morning and have a crime number. Thank you all so much, we really do appreciate your help.