three tethering loophole

IainW

Featured Posts

Like many, we used to enjoy unlimited tethering with three's one plan. Then the limits to tethering came in.

It appears that some phones do not track tethering, so you can use an unlimited data package which limits tethering as much as you like. My iphone did track it, my partners old samsung did not. My partner bought a newish samsung and it does track tethering, i bought a cheap chinese 'umi emax mini' and it does not. So for those on android and who want a problem-free tethering experience it may be worth trying an older or cheaper android phone!

hope this helps someone...

samsung galaxy S4 here

the phone itself tracked tethering but nothing showed up on my three account UNTIL I installed the three app on the phone

If ever 30g isn't enough, I am going to try removing the three app off my iphone. Never gone anywhere near 30 yet...

PdaNet on andriod is one to look at...

Have you used this? I've read that providers can also determine tethering by the traffic.... updates, PC versions of sites etc. Not sure how true that is.