My flue fell off - replacement required.

Featured Posts

Well that's done it. I was trying to get round the back of my flue to undo a screw in some wood and the whole thing fell off! The bolts between the stove and the exit pipe had corroded through and it was hanging in thin air. So on closer inspection found loads of corrosion and a few holes in the weld at the back including evidence of previous problems (exhaust repair paste). It is a one piece job that has been fabricated (poorly) from a piece of 4" tube.

So time for a replacement me thinks. I was looking at using manufactured parts this time.

My thoughts are that it needs to be as straight as possible (prefer 15 degree bends to make the offset) and as far from the walls as possible.

Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Can anybody recommend a manufacturer / on line supplier.

Thanks in advance.

PS the stove us a petit Godin with rear flue exit.

Edited by tonyt40

Well that's done it. I was trying to get round the back of my flue to undo a screw in some wood and the whole thing fell off! The bolts between the stove and the exit pipe had corroded through and it was hanging in thin air. So on closer inspection found loads of corrosion and a few holes in the weld at the back including evidence of previous problems (exhaust repair paste). It is a one piece job that has been fabricated (poorly) from a piece of 4" tube.

So time for a replacement me thinks. I was looking at using manufactured parts this time.

My thoughts are that it needs to be as straight as possible (prefer 15 degree bends to make the offset) and as far from the walls as possible.

Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Can anybody recommend a manufacturer / on line supplier.

Thanks in advance.

Fit a proper stove!

I'll swap yer Godin for my Boatman Stove....

Thanks in advance.

"My flue fell off - replacement required."

Nasty!

Think you'll need to consult a cosmetic surgeon for that sort of problem rolleyes.gif