Dance on Water starts Friday 1 July

Featured Posts

Just to let everyone who is interested know Dance on Water starts on Friday 1 July and departs Norbury Junction on 2 July making its way to Manchester.

This has been part of my life for 18 months since I was wintering in Burscough and had this crazy idea to take 20 kids from Birmingham to Manchester and that they should learn to dance. My biggest surprise was when Sir Matthew Bourne's dance company New Adventures expressed an interested in this crazy idea. We were soon joined by Birmingham Hippodrome and Lowry in Salford. CRT soon agreed to the project and have been very active in making it happen so a big thank you to them and the amazing people who have funded it.

As some might know my life changed in August last year but I have made a lot of the meetings to watch it all take shape. Helen Prosser a London Boater has been and is an amazing project manager. Please support the project if you will be boating along the route.

I am flying back from Greece on Wednesday to do the trip so might see some of you along the way.

http://new-adventures.net/rebourne/projects/dance-on-water

Edited by cotswoldsman

Yesterday was our first full day on the Canal after spending our first night at Norbury Junction. The Hire Boats are all from Norbury Wharf who have also allowed us to use their Restaurant boat so we have a good space to eat in every evening. Today the Dance Company went off for rehearsals at 10 am and the volunteers skippers lead by Chris Pink (of this Parish) set of for Adderley Locks where the Dance Company would rejoin us for Lock training.

It was great to see the excitement on the children's faces as they arrived on Friday evening for their first night on a Narrowboat. Chris Pink gave a full safety briefing and then it was a Fish and Chip Dinner.

Tomorrow there is no rehearsal so a full day for the children as we go down Audlum Locks and onto Barbridge for the night. If anyone is about please stop and say hello.

13557733_1384120798269726_30795346528113

The Company and volunteer skippers before setting off

13521904_1384402438241562_85303997605394

Chris Pink in full flow on Lock training

13510853_1384402714908201_43204815409889

The training worked

• Greenie 1