Shooting of liveaboard boater Jo Cox MP

magictime

Featured Posts

Quite, but it would appear said posters are the select few who are allowed by the moderators to say what they wish.

For what it's worth this murder as with all murders is a personal tragedy for the woman's family committed by someone with serious mental issues and nothing more. Using it to forward a personnel political agenda is disgusting.

You have that totally right Phil.

• Greenie 1

The suspect appeared in court today and gave his name as "death to traitors, freedom for Britain". He is a political extremist who killed a political enemy for political reasons. "Bring politics into it"?

I cannot make my mind up if you are making posts like this due to pure insensitivity or if you are trying to provoke a backlash from political opponents for your own gain.

Whichever it is, it is the wrong time and place to do it .... as you are well aware.

• Greenie 1

I'm certainly not trying to provoke political opponents, as I don't imagine for one minute that any members of this forum would defend the vile neo-Nazi beliefs that appear to have motivated the killer.

I suppose I must accept that I'm being insensitive, as some people are clearly finding my posts upsetting. That wasn't my intention at all; I'm just feeling shocked and shaken, like a lot of people, that this young woman seems to have been targeted by a violent extremist for nothing more than promoting values of tolerance, compassion and human rights.

That does seem to me to raise political questions, but you're right that this thread, and this forum, isn't the right place to get into them. So I'm going to leave it there. Rest in peace Jo, and apologies to anyone I've upset or offended.

I don't know that it does raise Political Questions,perhaps just being the random act of a Madman.Maybe a more important Question

is the Care in the Community Scheme and closure of Mental Health Facilities.Again its a time and a place,and we should all offer our condolences.

• Greenie 1

...Something that the far right islamaphobes neglected to consider when those equally deranged madmen slaughtered Ian Rigby of course.

Mair may have been a disturbed individual with mental health issues but his extreme right wing links cannot be ignored.

All extremism is vile and it is not confined to, nor does it define, any particular race, colour, creed or belief.

• Greenie 3

...Something that the far right islamaphobes neglected to consider when those equally deranged madmen slaughtered Ian Rigby of course.

Mair may have been a disturbed individual with mental health issues but his extreme right wing links cannot be ignored.

All extremism is vile and it is not confined to, nor does it define, any particular race, colour, creed or belief.

I agree, but surely nobody was ever in any doubt that Lee Rigby's killers had mental health problems? Extremism is by its very nature a mental health problem.

I agree, but surely nobody was ever in any doubt that Lee Rigby's killers had mental health problems? Extremism is by its very nature a mental health problem.

Yes indeed.

The recruiters of extremist organisations target the vulnerable and those who feel dispossessed offering them a "family" and somewhere they feel they belong.

• Greenie 1

Can't add to anything that has already been said about this tradgedy apart from this:

http://thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/864/101/396/award-the-george-cross-to-hero-who-fought-attacker-of-jo-cox-mp/

FWIW I've signed it.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Victor. I have signed it. As you say, nothing else to be said, it was a disgusting, barbaric act.

Edited to put the text I wrote after, rather than in the middle of the quote.

Edited by cuthound

I don't know if your aware of the uproar tonight over Will Straw and his callous utilisation of

this Tragedy for Political Gain,extensive coverage in tonights Evening Standard

No, sorry, up in Shropshire we get the news a bit later than the metropolis and I can't find anything in the Standard online but I don't want to be responsible for raising the temperature too high so I am going back to the shed to sort out the spanners for a horrible job under the car tomorrow - hole in the exhaust.

Something looks odd. Her memorial fundraiser is collecting for 'The White Helmets'. Is this organisation not a political interference group installed by the USA to destabilise a country? And if they have had $23,000,000 from the US government then why do they need charitable donations from the British people?

A quick google found this:

"As to be expected the US, and presumably UK, will currently be funding and arming certain rebel groups in Syria in an attempt to get power for pro-western friends and allies and disrupt Russia's agenda.

But after Jo Cox's tragic death, the GoFundMe page set up in her honour names The White Helmets as one of the 3 charities it supports. But there is plenty of information on the internet, and much of it seems looks to the untrained eye very credible, that The White Helmets is a USA and poss UK funded organisation that certainly is neither neutral and doesnt look wholly peacekeeping. Its an NGO formed by a british ex-army man according to many sources, including this youtube vid, and allegedly bankrolled to the tune of $23M by the US govt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k6hSS6xBTw

So on one hand i would have thought Jo Cox had good reason to look hihgly upon The White Helmets, but on the other i'm not sure i want any of my money going to them so won't be contributing."

Edited by WJM

Certainly always worth looking to see where and to whom you are donating.

Something looks odd. Her memorial fundraiser is collecting for 'The White Helmets'. Is this organisation not a political interference group installed by the USA to destabilise a country? And if they have had $23,000,000 from the US government then why do they need charitable donations from the British people?