Non token operated pump outs - Stone to Middlewich

Profzarkov

Featured Posts

Hi

An odd request but we're keen to give our 400 litre waste tank a good flush out.

We've used Elsan Blue then Elsan Green and now we're using Odourlos . .

They don't work . . our loo belches sulphurous fumes even after a week.

I reckon all the um, sludge needs to be flushed out as it may contain left behind chemicals preventing the newer, enzyme based stuff to work and to this end we need a pump out station which can be run, paused, re-started with no timer . . . most have a token which lasts about 7 minutes (inc the CRT ones).

Does anyone know of a pump out station from Stone to Middlewich which would fit the bill?

I've heard of folk using dishwasher tablets in their tanks - do these work??

Cheers

Steve

Not exactly in your requested location, but -

Last year a boat with us had 'toilet troubles' and it seemed as if the last few years of pump-outs had got progressively 'worse' such that they were now only lasting a few days - long story short - called in at Overwater for a pump-out, explained the situation and they spent over an hour pumping out, flushing, loosening 'stuff', pumping out, flushing , repeat, repeat.

In the end it was 'properly' empty.

Charge - 1 pump out fee (+ a bit of beer money for the perseverance of the operator)

Yes, that sounds good. The older yards tend to have simple pumps that straight into the sewers . . no timers.

Yes, to b0atman - I can get at the top of the tank by removing the now, non working MSC tank gauge and sticking a hose down there but that's why we need the longer pump out sessions or yes, just two tokens!

My suggestion would be to call ahead to either Greg @ Middlewich Narrowboats or to Anderson Boats, also in Middlewich. Explain your situation to them, tell them you are happy to arrive at a quiet time for them (non turn around days) and that you are happy to pay accordingly for time. I reckon they are both the sort of place that would help.

Avoid this weekend though as it's Middlewich FAB.

If you want a longer pump out time - come on the Thames.

12 total minutes of suction...

Silly observation - but do you use the pause button while flushing?

Another trick is to empty a full bucket of canal water from a height above the pan if a good water pressure from the mains is not available (my side hatch is near the loo so easy to do....

If you drop em a tenner for their benevolent fund, the fire brigade might turn out to blast and stir up the poo in your tank with a proper high pressure hose. Stand well clear though, in case of blow backs.

I use a pressure washer with a fan-tail jet and angle-bracket which is adjusted to vertical or horizontal to clean the top and sides of the tank. It breaks up the sludge - no trouble at all.

But the suction pipe does not reach the bottom of the tank so there is always sewage in the tank - albeit diluted.

But does that matter? - the tank will soon be filled with sewage again.

But at least the 'settled' stuff has been shifted.

Hi

An odd request but we're keen to give our 400 litre waste tank a good flush out.

We've used Elsan Blue then Elsan Green and now we're using Odourlos . .

They don't work . . our loo belches sulphurous fumes even after a week.

I reckon all the um, sludge needs to be flushed out as it may contain left behind chemicals preventing the newer, enzyme based stuff to work and to this end we need a pump out station which can be run, paused, re-started with no timer . . . most have a token which lasts about 7 minutes (inc the CRT ones).

Does anyone know of a pump out station from Stone to Middlewich which would fit the bill?

I've heard of folk using dishwasher tablets in their tanks - do these work??

Cheers

Steve

Reading this, I think we must be unique in the tank department. We have an Ex hire boat. When we bought it we were told NOT to put Stuff in, (Green or Blue) the tank and for the last 5 years we have not.

A 7 min pump out is a waste of time we just go to a boat yard. So many CRT units are very slow.

What we were told to do was. Rock the boat as it is being pumped out. Which we do.

Never had a problem.

Some say the stuff is bad for seals others say it is a must.

Enlightenment would be good? Should hate to find out next year that we have been doing it wrong!!!!

Canal Cruising Co. at Stone have a pump out machine. Might be worth ringing them and see if you can turn up on a non turn round day.

I think the chandlers half a mile nearer to Stoke have a machine too but it might be timed.

There are 2 hire bases in Middlewich who might help and Carefree Cruising run a share boat fleet there too. They will all have machines.

I think the chandlers half a mile nearer to Stoke have a machine too but it might be timed.

Not a good place will not go back there - they simply pumped out into a tanker with no rinse provided. Best pump out we have had was done by Jonathon Hewitt at UCC Braunston - they put a hose with a high pressure jet down the loo to stir up the s....

My suggestion would be to call ahead to either Greg @ Middlewich Narrowboats or to Anderson Boats, also in Middlewich. Explain your situation to them, tell them you are happy to arrive at a quiet time for them (non turn around days) and that you are happy to pay accordingly for time. I reckon they are both the sort of place that would help.

Avoid this weekend though as it's Middlewich FAB.

Sounds about right for me.

- I cant vouch for the pump out, but we had an excellent week on the drydock at Middlewhich Narrowboats.

Daniel

Thanks for all the replies! The chandlers at Stone recommended using canal water and not fresh, it adds more bio and not chlorine. I also bought some Clean n Green sachets, which i dissolved in a bucket of canal water. This may help.

But yes a good pump out is necessary. I can get to the top of the tank if I remove the gauge, thus allowing a water hose inside.

Cheers