Parkside pressure washer - any good?

Claude

Featured Posts

Noticed that my local Lidl had Parkside pressure washers at £79. Just wondered if anyone had bought one and what they thought?

One reviewer here thinks it's quite powerful but the lance isn't very good. It's meant to have a 3 year warranty.

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/pressure-washers/lidl-parkside-phd-150-d3

Edited by Claude

Normally I find Lidl's parkside range is of reasonable quality (by which I mean fine for the average house/garden use). The exception being a pressure washer I bought many years ago. It broke first time then took it back replaced it to find the fitments leaked so just got a refund. I have had several different ones but ended up back with a Karcher. Never looked back. If your budget can stretch go for a water cooled motor it does seem to help with reliability.

I had one and found it did everything I expected very well. Mainly cleaning car and patio.

It did develop a leak that I couldn't get at about 1 month before the 3 yr guarantee ran out. Their customer services replaced it immediately with the latest model, without question. Didn't even want the old one back.

I really can't fault Lidls on this experience.

bought a Parkside reciprocating saw to cut out some leylandii stumps, worked fine for a while, then a fault developed and it kept tripping the house RCD.

it was so cheap that I just junked it, but I would be wary of a possible electrical fault in a pressure washer.

bought a Parkside reciprocating saw to cut out some leylandii stumps, worked fine for a while, then a fault developed and it kept tripping the house RCD.

it was so cheap that I just junked it, but I would be wary of a possible electrical fault in a pressure washer.

Thanks for the responses. Why would a pressure washer be more susceptible to electrical faults than any other piece of equipment? If you're saying it could be hazardous because of electricity and water - it's got to be CE marked surely?

Thanks for the responses. Why would a pressure washer be more susceptible to electrical faults than any other piece of equipment? If you're saying it could be hazardous because of electricity and water - it's got to be CE marked surely?

it's up to you.

electricity and water can't read a CE label.

• Greenie 1

I have a petrol Karcher jet washer. so no need to get a new one. but I have purchased a few Parkside tools and have found them ok

for DIY and small jobs, but they will not be suitable for professional works, the good thing if they go wrong they will always

replace or refund you the money.

I think you will find that Parkside tools are Lidl's own brand.

Its sounds like its worth a go. I've got an angle grinder, which is ok and I bought a hedge trimmer which wasn't ok. Just bought a super cheap hover mower from Aldi, it does the job, it was very cheap, but it has a 3 year guarantee, so I'm in. Since then we got a Costco card, I buy our tools from there, purely because of the five year guarantee, they are usually Makita or Dewalt

Normally I find Lidl's parkside range is of reasonable quality (by which I mean fine for the average house/garden use). The exception being a pressure washer I bought many years ago. It broke first time then took it back replaced it to find the fitments leaked so just got a refund. I have had several different ones but ended up back with a Karcher. Never looked back. If your budget can stretch go for a water cooled motor it does seem to help with reliability.

Agree with comments, also not sure if Parkside PW will accept additional fittings made by Karcher - and these are good, especially the extending brush for conservatories and facias....

I have some Parkside sanders and they are quite good.

A cheap WOLF' pressure washer lasted a year with me....