Great Haywood to Stone

dor

Featured Posts

I'm considering, as part of my boat-moving, cycling from Great Haywood to Stone. As I would rather not cycle up the A51, can anyone tell what the state of the towpath is like for cycling?

Thanks

Hi Dor.

Coming from the area. I can say that the towpath is actually pretty good, if not a little over grown at the moment as they have not been out and cut the grass yet towards Stone. The only problem you may encounter is a pair of swans at Aston who are protecting their nest at the moment and are being a little aggressive, so wear shim pads LOL.

I hope you have an enjoyable ride, it is beautiful along the stretch.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi Dor,

I totally agree with Jo, its a beautiful stretch to cycle. Do watch out for those swans LOL. Do you have a spare rear button (if thats not a rude question) to put on your bike? It seems that Mr Swan has a habit of going for these LOL. Though I havn't seen him on the towpath yet. There nest is on the offside so you should be ok.

Thanks for the information. It was a good ride, but very bumpy in places!

Didn't meet any aggressive swans either.

Hi Dor.

Glad to know you had a good ride, even if bumpy........... show me a towpath that is not these days lol.

Perhaps Mr Swan was on a break, or having a day off hahahaha.

Any glad to hear all was well.