Boat tow from Rugby to Market Drayton (area)

splitty

Featured Posts

Hi. My engine is playing up, so wondered if anybody was going through Rugby and then up to the Shropshire Union and was able to tow my boat (60ft) behind them? I'm happy to pay.

It'll be easier for me to get the engine fixed nearer home, than miles away as at present.

I'm not in a particular rush, so the next few days/weeks.

Thanks

Hi. My engine is playing up, so wondered if anybody was going through Rugby and then up to the Shropshire Union and was able to tow my boat (60ft) behind them? I'm happy to pay.

It'll be easier for me to get the engine fixed nearer home, than miles away as at present.

I'm not in a particular rush, so the next few days/weeks.

Thanks

I'm curious as to what's gone wrong your engine that makes towing a 60' boat from Rugby to Drayton with, at a guess, well over 30 single locks if you go via the Trent and Mersey, and even more if you go the shorter route through Brum, a better option than fixing it in the Rugby area.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

Very low oil pressure, so a minimum of a new pump required and it's not easy to get to.

I'm happy and competent to do it myself but it would be much easier and quicker to be nearer home.

Who diagnosed it, what tests were done and what engine?

In the vast majority of low oil pressure cases its an electrical gauge and its a sender fault so if you are simply going by an electrical gauge I would want to see a mechanical test gauge fitted to confirm the real oil pressure.

I would also want to assure myself that it is not the oil pressure relief valve stuck open. Worn oil pumps and worn engines both give low oil pressure throughout the rev range. A stick PRV tend to give close to normal oil pressure at speed but very low on idle.