Eco fan strange behaviour

jenevers

Featured Posts

If you're heading up the Llangolen, a firm called Calfire, on the industrial estate by the Poachers Pocket pub, will service it.

Ours had a new motor fitted (my cleaning etc didn't work). It was left to be done overnight and cost £17.

It came back a bit like Trigger's brush, more new parts than old.

Cheaper than buying a new one if your attempts at cleaning don't work.

Rog

on t other post MTB has suggested oiling the bearings .They do run in an hostile environment.

A couple of times I've sort of flushed mine through with WF40, worked for me. While on the subject of Ecofans, does anybody know the size of the Allen key that fits the fan grub screw.

Phil

A couple of times I've sort of flushed mine through with WF40, worked for me. While on the subject of Ecofans, does anybody know the size of the Allen key that fits the fan grub screw.

Phil

Yes. It's about 1.57mm.

No-one makes one that fits.

A 1.5mm spins in the hole. A 1.6mm won't go in. Nor will a 1/16" imperial Allen key.

I fixed the problem by ordering some new grub screws of the right thread which accepted 1.6mm Allen keys IIRC. They are a stupid American thread but I found them in the end.

There is a lonnnnggggg thread on here on this exact subject. Have a search!

Oil the motor bearings....

Will do but too warm today to light stove so I don't know if it will cure the problem.

When I do I'll let you know.

I bought a new motor on ebay

Any details of where you got it from?

Sorry for a sec. when I read the title I thought somebody had found one that moved warm air...

As you where people.

Mine does

Mine does too, and I can prove it with the smoke trail from my flue-testing smoke pen, or an incense stick.

Go on then.

The nearest we have had so far to an experiment was I think Carlt saying he had done something similar ISTR and there was no discernible temp. difference which is what actually matters.

Yes. It's about 1.57mm.

No-one makes one that fits.

A 1.5mm spins in the hole. A 1.6mm won't go in. Nor will a 1/16" imperial Allen key.

I fixed the problem by ordering some new grub screws of the right thread which accepted 1.6mm Allen keys IIRC. They are a stupid American thread but I found them in the end.

There is a lonnnnggggg thread on here on this exact subject. Have a search!

Strange, I had no problem with mine, but not on the boat I cant say what size it is.

Will do but too warm today to light stove so I don't know if it will cure the problem.

When I do I'll let you know.

Any details of where you got it from?

Mine does

Its the same one as they use in a (I think) Fisher Price swing boat.

Strange, I had no problem with mine, but not on the boat I cant say what size it is.

Its the same one as they use in a (I think) Fisher Price swing boat.

Here is one, the link for my purchase is dead its so old. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-Price-Cradle-Swing-Motor-RF-500TB-18280-3-6Vdc-/171698843632