What sort of fish is this?

Featured Posts

Windermere has produced very large Pike in the past. They used to net the place for scientific tests and had them up to 35lb.

Even a good double will do, had a few mid`s on the local canal, but not a lake Pike...yet :) such a difference, had a 9lb on a lake and it felt like a canal 15. Lo al lake has a few 30plus in but rare caught, i guess as folk go for the carp more.

In the same place I saw the baby pike, I have recently seen my first ever proper native crayfish, not one of the invading signal ones! It was dead, but presumably more are there!

Was it Ronnie or Reggie Krayfish?

Even a good double will do, had a few mid`s on the local canal, but not a lake Pike...yet smile.png such a difference, had a 9lb on a lake and it felt like a canal 15. Lo al lake has a few 30plus in but rare caught, i guess as folk go for the carp more.

I once caught a 9lb pike too when I was a kid. In real life it looked about the same size as the thirty pounders in The Angling Times. I was most disappointed at how little it weighed. An experienced angler who came to watch said it was a female that had probably just spawned, as it echoed like a drain pipe when he slapped its belly when he hung it on his spring balance to weigh it for me...

I once caught a 9lb pike too when I was a kid. In real life it looked about the same size as the thirty pounders in The Angling Times. I was most disappointed at how little it weighed. An experienced angler who came to watch said it was a female that had probably just spawned, as it echoed like a drain pipe when he slapped its belly when he hung it on his spring balance to weigh it for me...

Pike are deceiving, my lad caught one when he was 9 years old, it was as long as he was tall and had with a fair old girth on it but it just tipped the scales to 18lb. I would of said easy over 20lb.

i want to go fishing now, plenty of fun with jacks and Perch on the Bury Bolton canal down road. :)