Tecma toilet not emptying

Odana

Featured Posts

About a year or so ago I had trouble with limescale with my Tecma toilet ........ but it wasn't in the toilet itself but the pipe from the pump to the tank (about 5 metres long) this 1 3/4 inch solid pipe actually was solid .....or nearly. The hole down the centre was down to about the diameter of a pencil. .... and there was me wondering if the pump was wearing out unsure.png. When replacing it I followed the advice of Phil Ambrose who recommended flexible pipe and the occasional attack with an anti scale rubber mallet cool.png

For all the cassette owners feeling smug at this, note the cassettes get just as encrusted, This is the reason that the cassette full light fails on any C200 cassette that's more than a few years old. The float is a piece of closed-cell plastic foam which gets so encrusted in limescale that it becomes a sink.

MP.

For all the cassette owners feeling smug at this, note the cassettes get just as encrusted, This is the reason that the cassette full light fails on any C200 cassette that's more than a few years old. The float is a piece of closed-cell plastic foam which gets so encrusted in limescale that it becomes a sink.

MP.

And just think all them cassette owners that have to do the regular jaunt to empty the dunnie come rain or shine. It's ok if there is only one off you but a family off four big uns.

I like my toilet with the tank. It makes it more get down and personell when you got to repair it.

Edited by rustydiver

If the motor was completely locked I would have expected a fuse / circuit breaker to activate - hmmm

Because it is on a short timer, allowing for a bit of resistance in the cabling/connections it probably wasn't long enough to operate the normal type of thermal fuse/trip

Ours was the same on a previous blockage. A wet wipe was to blame for that one. The water side of the cycle worked but the motor appeared dead.

Offending wet wipe removed, all back to normal......................until the blockage referred to in previous posts. angry.png

Update as requested for future people searching the same problem.

After disassembly, disencrustation, removal of wet wipes, and reassembly (a straightforward if time consuming process), all seems to be working well. The pump sounds very different now, and there was the odd gurgle which was worrying till I realised it was the tiny breather pipe which now lets air through. I'd never describe the thing as 'silent', not before, not now. But a working toilet will do for me. Any future boat will have a less techie toilet - my views on macerators have been confirmed.

So - if you are searching for an answer to why the motor on your tecma toilet has suddenly stopped working even thought the water works, it is almost certainly that the blades have jammed on summat that shouldn't be in there. The sudden death with no 'jammed motor' sound doesn't seem right, but it is.