Anyone seen my little red boat? Stolen

leeco

Featured Posts

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but - only half the mooring line will have sunk

Richard

It is a painter, isn't it?

Yep. It was definitely a painter in the Famous Five books. This term for a 'rope on a boat' fascinated me and was one of the earliest stirrings of interest in boats I felt as a kid.

Similarly, the little electric model motor boat they went out on the river in in the TV adaptation of 'Wind In The Willows".

Nice one robbo.

It probably is sunk as I can't see anyone going anywhere on it without the engine.

Maybe if they brought their own oars but they wouldn't get anywhere fast that way.

Let's us know if you can see it mate but I'll see if I can get down tomorrow

Only had a quick look this morning but the water was too reflective too see.

?

Presumably the boat sank (if it sank) while tied up. So it will be under water on the end of its mooring line, the other end of which will still be tied to a bollard or something

Richard

Presumably the boat sank (if it sank) while tied up. So it will be under water on the end of its mooring line, the other end of which will still be tied to a bollard or something

Richard

That's the first thing I looked for the other month when I checked, but I presumed it would have just been untied.

Yep. It was definitely a painter in the Famous Five books.

Although it is many years since I read them, I think it was a "painter" with which John, Susan, Roger and the bafflingly-named Titty tied up their rowing boat in the Swallows & Amazons series of books. I too remember being intrigued by the word (painter, I mean, not Titty....oh, on second thoughts...)

Although it is many years since I read them, I think it was a "painter" with which John, Susan, Roger and the bafflingly-named Titty tied up their rowing boat in the Swallows & Amazons series of books. I too remember being intrigued by the word (painter, I mean, not Titty....oh, on second thoughts...)

Titty – short for Letitia. The Beeb tv series renamed her Kitty, can't think why ;)