Unplanned outage Thu 14/4/16

Paul C

Featured Posts

Hello

A quick note to say that the site is now back online and the issue has been fully resolved.

The website was put offline as a precaution during some technical fixes which needed to be done to the website today. This has fixed the issue regarding being unable to start a new topic, which turned out to be a database issue which needed urgently fixing.

Paul

Shock - horror - unable to access these for a all afternoon.

Just shows how grateful folks should be for this wonderful resource - absence makes the heart grow fonder.....

Seconded.

Things at work (Sorry for bad rude word.) are nowt but slow just now and the outage made things slower still.

Thank's for the fix.

I am on a Mac and browsing the forum via Chrome is fine. Cannot get access via safari though. Get an SQL Error.

Any ideas?

Tks

Its probably cached today's previous error. I don't know the keys to press but on a windows computer its Ctrl+F5 to force reload everything.

I am on a Mac and browsing the forum via Chrome is fine. Cannot get access via safari though. Get an SQL Error.

Any ideas?

Tks

Been getting an assortment of messages including :

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: SELECT m.*, m.member_id as my_member_id,p.*,pp.*,g.*,ccb.cache_content FROM ibf_members m LEFT JOIN ibf_pfields_content p ON ( p.member_id=m.member_id )

LEFT JOIN ibf_profile_portal pp ON ( pp.pp_member_id=m.member_id )

LEFT JOIN ibf_groups g ON ( g.g_id=m.member_group_id )

LEFT JOIN ibf_content_cache_sigs ccb ON ( ccb.cache_content_id=m.member_id ) WHERE m.member_id=11859

Then :

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

Then back to the 1st one.

I had the SQL error thing too. I had it until about 15 mins ago, 'Vista Firefox', so I tried IE and the forum worked. I have since deleted my original CWDF bookmark, re googled and re book marked it, all ok now. Vista Firefox.

Been getting an assortment of messages including :

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: SELECT m.*, m.member_id as my_member_id,p.*,pp.*,g.*,ccb.cache_content FROM ibf_members m LEFT JOIN ibf_pfields_content p ON ( p.member_id=m.member_id )

LEFT JOIN ibf_profile_portal pp ON ( pp.pp_member_id=m.member_id )

LEFT JOIN ibf_groups g ON ( g.g_id=m.member_group_id )

LEFT JOIN ibf_content_cache_sigs ccb ON ( ccb.cache_content_id=m.member_id ) WHERE m.member_id=11859

Then :

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

Then back to the 1st one.

Yeah, there's thousands of database errors but these are all before the site was put back online. There's been nothing since the database was fixed and the site put back online at 6:40pm. If you received any after this up until now (obviously I can't predict the future....) then its a caching issue, not a database/server issue. We don't use caching so its going to be either the ISP or your local machine caching it.