"Cranes" in the Wakefield Area...

Quaysider

Featured Posts

Evening all,

I'm planning ahead here and need to find a crane to plonk the boat into the water after her journey over the m62....can I ask the fellowship for some recommendations - perhaps even contact phone numbers for Cranes in the West Yorkshire area?... ideally someone along the calder & Hebble or Aire and Calder navigations.

I know there is one at Wakefield Warf near the hepworth gallery but I cna't for the life of me find a phone number for them.

It did occur to me there might be one at the crt workshops at Stanley Ferry where they make the gates.

Thanks Dave - I've been trying the marina but their opening hours don't seem to correspond with mine angry.png ... the number for Bruce is very much appreciated though. I'll give him call tomorrow....

I DO have to admit though, I'm abit scared at the prospect of being craned in 50 yards from a weir in my life's savings lol... boat.gif

I think most of the local yards hire them in when there are a few lifts to do. I know this is the case at Stanley Ferry and Supreme marine in Castleford. Maybe you could contact them and see what they have planned. When is the boat due?

I think most of the local yards hire them in when there are a few lifts to do. I know this is the case at Stanley Ferry and Supreme marine in Castleford. Maybe you could contact them and see what they have planned. When is the boat due?

Not until October... but I'm told that's more of a concept than delivery slot lol

How much does the boat weigh?

The haulier "estimates" it at 18 tonne.

The Road part isn't dear though - 720 inc vat inc 2 hours each end allowed for loading unloading.

Cramscene have lifted boats in the pasts, but its a long time since I had any dealings with them, so don't know if they still do.

You could ask Nigel Stevens at Shire Cruisers who he uses, as he has just had most of his fleet craned out to the other side of the Calder and Hebble / Rochdale flood-related closures.

I've just had a nice long chat with Ed at Stanley Ferry - smashing bloke by the sounds of it.

They tend to club together every 6 weeks or so and share a crane.. doing so it works out about 350 quid ... IF we HAVE to do a dedicated one, we're looking at 1500 ... which as a Yorkshire man does make me flinch a bit, is not TOO bad I suppose... AND it puts the boat right where we want it (well within 500 yards or so)

I got my boat todaybiggrin.png . When we went for the handover the owners had prepared us a DVD with a slideshow of photos and a video of the history of the boat. It shows the boat leaving the builder and then being reversed into Stanley Ferry boat yard on a lorry before being craned over the yard and into the water.

• 6 years later...