The Boat House Braunston

sharpness

Featured Posts

Rough town Hereford. Don't mix China urinals with them there Bulls.

Lived just north of Hereford for three years. Never really got on with the town. Son number three is a Herefordian. (Is that correct spelling?)

Martyn

The only Mark i knew who run it was a gay chap and his boyfriend, but that was near 20 years ago now?

where they BOTH called Mark..?

Ref the Boathouse only eaten there once, and both Mrs Dharl and self felt it was OK, but not great. Had drinks in there a few other times though we stayed with the dog outside on the terrace. This was mainly due to unruly kids running around the inside of the pub unchecked!

No reason to disbelieve what you're saying, but very strange that it's not on their list, and they don't sell it in 1 of the 3 Mc Do's in this town.

It's probably a healthier drink than the soda's they sell.

For me, all I'm interested in at the Mc Do's is their good wifi-signal and their toilets.

Peter.

You must try the toilets in McDonald's in Seville.

sick.gif

Although I'm not normally a detractor of Wetherspoons, I was in one in Hereford this weekend where two smashed urinal bowls were not actually cordoned off out of use, and had instead been "repaired" with Duct tape!

They are certainly not all perfect!

We spent some time in the Bell in Aylesbury last week while painting Fulbourne. I do like the place, but it was a little trying when three beers ran out in turn while trying to buy a round, and then finding that they had no naan breads on Curry Night!

Dogs should never get to learn that human food tastes good, that way they lie on the floor, perfectly happy, whilst owners eat.

If they get a taste for human food they sit there drooling, watching, and getting all agitated. Labradors are the worse.

Human food makes them fart bad too.

...............Dave

Had a right row with my dad at the Sunday dinner table when I realised he was slipping bits to our dog, who up until then had just been laying there. In our house you could stand your plate of food on the floor and it wouldn't get touched.

Had a right row with my dad at the Sunday dinner table when I realised he was slipping bits to our dog, who up until then had just been laying there. In our house you could stand your plate of food on the floor and it wouldn't get touched.

Quite right too

Anybody who is a guest in your house must repect the rules boundaries and limitations you have for your dog. Anything less is extremely disrespectful.

It is sad that it was your dad you fell out with though

Dogs should never get to learn that human food tastes good, that way they lie on the floor, perfectly happy, whilst owners eat.

If they get a taste for human food they sit there drooling, watching, and getting all agitated. Labradors are the worse.

Human food makes them fart bad too.

...............Dave

When we got Jessop (fat lab) last month he clearly thought that human food was for him, and that humans could have whatever was left when he finished..

We trained him by putting a jar iof treats on the table, in his clear view, and then every time he looked at our food we said "leave" and if he looked away from it we gave him a treat. It only took him 2 days to learn that the jar was for him and the plates were for us. Now we've extended it, one step at a time, that he only gets the treat if he backs off without being told, and lies down next to the table - which he does every time now.

Didn't read O P until today so got caught out by the closure yesterday. Walked up to the Plough instead and it will be our first choice in future.Very warm welcome, good home cooked food, good beer, good value for money. What more do you want?

Quite right too

Anybody who is a guest in your house must repect the rules boundaries and limitations you have for your dog. Anything less is extremely disrespectful.

It is sad that it was your dad you fell out with though

It was his house, we had gone round for Sunday lunch. I must admit he did see my point of view and didn't do it again.

It was his house, we had gone round for Sunday lunch. I must admit he did see my point of view and didn't do it again.

Makes it a bit different then - but fair play to sticking to your guns

When we got Jessop (fat lab) last month he clearly thought that human food was for him, and that humans could have whatever was left when he finished..

We trained him by putting a jar iof treats on the table, in his clear view, and then every time he looked at our food we said "leave" and if he looked away from it we gave him a treat. It only took him 2 days to learn that the jar was for him and the plates were for us. Now we've extended it, one step at a time, that he only gets the treat if he backs off without being told, and lies down next to the table - which he does every time now.

Well done, KU. Good training.

Makes it a bit different then - but fair play to sticking to your guns

Trouble is, you don't know what he has been allowed/encouraged to do before you got him. could be a case of untraining first

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone interested, we are in the Boat House right now, and basically noting has changed except the do a carvery all day Sunday's and Wednesday lunch times.

The 2 for 1 menu is still basically the same as is the decor.

I couldn't agree more!…..child free pubs would be bliss….or just have a pen outside to leave them in.

Dogs however can be allowed…..they can eat the children that get through the ban!

Cheers

Gareth

Sorry - out of greenies but if I had one it would be yours for the above biggrin.png

In France even our Husky is welcome in most restaurants. We left him in the car last summer at a restaurant near Bergerac and the patron asked why we hadn't brought him in. We should have done ,as it would have been nice to see him begging food off Patsy Kensit, who came in and sat next to us.