Waylon

Midnight

Featured Posts

If anyone knows the current owner or whereabouts of the wide-beam working boat 'Waylon' that used to be based in Brighouse could you either pm me with owner contact details or ask the owner to contact me. Colin the former owner isn't in the best of health right now and would like to see Waylon again. After having his lock-side home flooded out on Boxing Day too it would bring a smile back to his face.

med_gallery_9320_1343_24835.jpg

If anyone knows the current owner or whereabouts of the wide-beam working boat 'Waylon' that used to be based in Brighouse could you either pm me with owner contact details or ask the owner to contact me. Colin the former owner isn't in the best of health right now and would like to see Waylon again. After having his lock-side home flooded out on Boxing Day too it would bring a smile back to his face.

med_gallery_9320_1343_24835.jpg

Hi

Hes my best mate. I was talking to him 1 minute ago. The boat is moored in Oxford I well let him know you have posted.

Cheers

Tim

Sorry to hear Colin hasn't been well. I saw his house had been flooded. I've had many chats with him (and his dog) while moored in Brighouse basin over the years.

Yes a great character - just been awarded life membership of South Pennine Boat Club.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, 8 Hairy Feet said:

Couldn't see any mention elsewhere..

I'm sorry to tell you that Colin passed away very recently.

A sad loss... I will miss having a gas with him in Brighouse. 

On the occasions that I visited Brighouse I always enjoyed chatting to him and held a great affection for Waylon too. A sad loss indeed!

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 12:28, 8 Hairy Feet said:

I have just caught up with this.  I'm moored right now opposite Colin's house in Brighouse, and have been chatting to the new owner. Apparently Colin's funeral was today.  Renovations to the house appear to be going ahead and I think it is in good hands. The house is a major feature of Brighouse basin.

On 4/19/2017 at 12:28, 8 Hairy Feet said:

A great shame. I only met him a couple of times when I went to look at Waylon for a mate who bought it. Quite a character even then.

2 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I have just caught up with this.  I'm moored right now opposite Colin's house in Brighouse, and have been chatting to the new owner. Apparently Colin's funeral was today.  Renovations to the house appear to be going ahead and I think it is in good hands. The house is a major feature of Brighouse basin.

Yes he was a fine fellow. I knew him in a former life when he was Terry Lee's spanner-man at Middlesbrough Speedway then met up again briefly a few years ago when he had Waylon in the Club dry dock. The funeral was today but regrettably we couldn't make it as we're currently cruising. The Club was well represented I believe