Narrowboatworld Article on Marina's new EV

Featured Posts

http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/leatest/8750-pillings-go-green

Really nice of NBW to publish this article for us - Many thanks Tom!

We have now had our two fast-charge EV points installed by Rolec Services too so we can also now accommodate owners of Electric Vehicles (Visitors or Berth Holders).

Regards

Paul

post-5777-0-61109700-1457443592_thumb.jpg

I saw some of these for the first time last Saturday - a row of three of them outside a multiple storey car park in King's Lynn. They were much bigger than the ones illustrated, about the size of telephone boxes. I had no idea what they were until Mrs. Athy told me. I suppose they will gradually become more common.

I saw some of these for the first time last Saturday - a row of three of them outside a multiple storey car park in King's Lynn. They were much bigger than the ones illustrated, about the size of telephone boxes. I had no idea what they were until Mrs. Athy told me. I suppose they will gradually become more common.

I think you will find that the one in the picture above is a standard boat 16a pillar.

The large shed in the article itself is the car charging point.

I wonder what competitive electrical rates the moorers will be charged???

...and I wonder why the O.P. specifically mentions car charging points and illustrates the post with a picture of what, apparently, isn't one.

Life is way way too short for electric cars..............yuk

Tim

• Greenie 1

back at source of electricity what green fuel is generating this power for so called green cars oh they have dedicated wind turbines just for them .

laugh.png Yes always makes me giggle. A bloke used to moor his electric motor powered narrowboat here and state how green and quiet it was.

Apart from the ton and a half of lead acid batteries and DIESEL genset onboard to charge them laugh.png you couldnt make it up.

Tim

Our local ASDA has two or three, much the same size as the one in the picture. Even if it is not an actual car charging bollard though the car in that photo parked next to it is certainly an electric vehicle.

I believe it was a condition of ASDA's planning approval that electric vehicle charging points were provided and this is becoming increasingly common. The ones at our local ASDA are I believe free too. (for now anyway)

Edited by MJG

It's all very laudable these places put in the charging points, but I suspect many are put in for the "look at me" factor. What happens when more people want to use them?

I stayed at a hotel recently which had one in the car park. What happens when you get to the hotel needing a recharge and find someone is already on the charge point? Overnight.

It's all very laudable these places put in the charging points, but I suspect many are put in for the "look at me" factor. What happens when more people want to use them?

I stayed at a hotel recently which had one in the car park. What happens when you get to the hotel needing a recharge and find someone is already on the charge point? Overnight.

I suppose you complain to the management and they say to themselves "These charging points are popular. Better install some more and charge for the electricity."

Or you get out you splitter and use the same point.

N

I suppose you complain to the management and they say to themselves "These charging points are popular. Better install some more and charge for the electricity."

Or you get out you splitter and use the same point.

N

There are 3 at Leicester Forest East services on the Northbound side and early evening they are invariably full with large sports utility Mitsubishis moored up getting a charge. I have never seen the one at Watford Gap used yet however. (I pass through both services many times a month.)

i'm amazed dan let this through, not only thanking NBW and linking it, but also having the cheek to come on here advertising without asking - must be his Green credentials...ha ha.

Dan would only know if someone reported it.

Did you?

Both points in use at Warwick services yesterday evening.

I had to do a double take day before yesterday when I noticed one of these hooked up to one of the charging points in our local ASDA car park.

https://www.teslamotors.com/en_GB/models

The only time I've seen one in use and it was about the only electric vehicle I would consider using it (If I could afford one of course!)