Liverpool Narrowboats Ltd

Schooner

Featured Posts

Hi, Does anyone have any information about Liverpool Narrowboats Ltd? I have not been able to find any information online other than a listing in a company check agency stating that the company is active and registered its existence in 2014.

frusty.gif

I think you'll find that Aintree Boats, though geographically close, are nothing to do with Liverpool Boats, who reincarnated themselves as Collingwood Boats some five years ago.

I think Liverpool boats are now Collingwood. As Liverpool Boats was a sort of production line they decided to use another name at that was the name of the owner. Some might have noticed the C At the front of Liverpool Boats that was the C of Collingwood who owned Liverpool Boats

I think you'll find that Aintree Boats, though geographically close, are nothing to do with Liverpool Boats, who reincarnated themselves as Collingwood Boats some five years ago.

Cross posted but hey we agree

I think Liverpool boats are now Collingwood. As Liverpool Boats was a sort of production line they decided to use another name at that was the name of the owner. Some might have noticed the C At the front of Liverpool Boats that was the C of Collingwood who owned Liverpool Boats

Indeed John, except that Liverpool was owned by the McNaughton family unless I am very much mistaken. I remember meeting Stan McNaughton at boat shows, and I believe that his son was one of the founders of the New Boat Co.

Indeed John, except that Liverpool was owned by the McNaughton family unless I am very much mistaken. I remember meeting Stan McNaughton at boat shows, and I believe that his son was one of the founders of the New Boat Co.

I think Collingwood was the original founder and the man with the money Stan I think was his brother in law but I might be wrong. I certainly met Mr Collingwood on one of my trips to Liverpool Boats

So it could be that this new company is a division of Collingwood??

The director of Liverpool Narrowboats Ltd is listed as Anne MacNaughtan and she has been director for 1 year 10 month.

Liverpool Narrowboats is different to Liverpool Boats. Stan McNaugton originally set up Liverpool Boats, but passed the business over to his children and carried on with Liverpool Narrowboats building more bespoke shells up to finished boats. Liverpool boats was liquidated and resurfaced as Collingwoods. I think Collingwood was a son-in-law.

ETA: to the best of my knowledge there is no connection with Aintree Boats.

Edited by dor

I am interested in both new and secondhand but swaying towards a new build. I have viewed 2 secondhand boats, a 58 ft semi trad, which sold quicker than I expected and a 40 ft cruiser, which on observation, was just too small for our requirements.

Garry

Thanks for that, I wondered if you were researching a used boat

Richard

Oops! Forgot the quote. I am interested in both new and secondhand but swaying towards a new build. I have viewed 2 secondhand boats, a 58 ft semi trad, which sold quicker than I expected and a 40 ft cruiser, which on observation, was just too small for our requirements.

Liverpool Narrowboats is different to Liverpool Boats. Stan McNaugton originally set up Liverpool Boats, but passed the business over to his children and carried on with Liverpool Narrowboats building more bespoke shells up to finished boats. Liverpool boats was liquidated and resurfaced as Collingwoods. I think Collingwood was a son-in-law.

ETA: to the best of my knowledge there is no connection with Aintree Boats.

Does LV Narrowboats still make the bespoke boats? If so, do you have contact details, as I can't find a website?

When we bought our sailaway in 2002 we dealt with Alan, Stan's son. I seem to remember Aunty was there somewhere doing the paperwork.

Steve

Does LV Narrowboats still make the bespoke boats? If so, do you have contact details, as I can't find a website?

I think Liverpool Narrowboats stopped building boats as a separate business a few years ago. I suspect the family has kept the business name active to protect the name. It might also have some useful tax implications.

I think Liverpool Narrowboats stopped building boats as a separate business a few years ago. I suspect the family has kept the business name active to protect the name. It might also have some useful tax implications.

Sounds a prudent decision and it ties up another research thread for me.

Garry

When we bought our sailaway in 2002 we dealt with Alan, Stan's son. I seem to remember Aunty was there somewhere doing the paperwork.

Steve

Yes, Alan personally built our boat shell when we had a 40 footer built in 2001, so he told us.

Interesting to note that Orchard Marina & Boatbuilders Ltd has the same directors as Collingwood. I assume Collingwood provides the shells to OM.

Highly likely that collingwood just build the shells and OM is a seperate fit out company . I know Collingwood also build shells for other fitouts for example the new and used boats Hanbury range are based on collingwood shells I believe

yeah sometimes shell builder and fitter outer are seperate and gets confusing , My boat was built by David Bridgeman of Staffordshire Narrowboats but fitted out by stem to Stern , the name plate says Staffordshire Boats . David Bridgeman builds Shells for Cain narowboats as well who are a fitter outer and they are sold as Cain Narrowboats boats I believe and as said collingwood build the shells for the hanbury range and the one I have seen has new and used boats on the plates .. gets confusing lol