TV Aerial

beardshave

Featured Posts

I'm confused. I had a tv (not HD) which operated with a Freeview box connected to a satellite dish.

I have bought a full hd tv with integral freeview and get no signal from the dish.

Do I need another conventional aerial or am I missing something obvious?

I'm confused. I had a tv (not HD) which operated with a Freeview box connected to a satellite dish.

I have bought a full hd tv with integral freeview and get no signal from the dish.

What Dave said.

How have you managed to connect the dish to the TV BTW?

Freeview requires an aerial not a dish.

If the old box worked the dish it must be freesat and you need to put that back inline with the fish and new tv.you can add a normal tv ariel and use the new built in freeview and then have 2 options of signals which comes in handy

If the old box worked the dish it must be freesat and you need to put that back inline with the fish and new tv.you can add a normal tv ariel and use the new built in freeview and then have 2 options of signals which comes in handy

Ariel was a mermaid not a fish

Chewbacka, on 24 Feb 2016 - 6:00 PM, said:

Get a log periodic aerial and not an omnidirectional unless you only want to use it in strong signal areas.

At one time I too would have said get an log periodic but we have one of these on our caravan and it's been brilliant (Partly because it's directional)

Status - Vision plus. Various mounting options are available so I guess a boat option would be possible.

hotspot_170.jpg?2014

At one time I too would have said get an log periodic but we have one of these on our caravan and it's been brilliant (Partly because it's directional)

Status - Vision plus. Various mounting options are available so I guess a boat option would be possible.

I bet if you open it up there's a cheap log periodic inside the fancy plastic case.

Edited by Delta9

I bet if you open it up there's a cheap log periodic inside the fancy plastic case.

No idea I just know with the amp. It works really well. I ain't dismantling it to find out either.