Boat extending?

Featured Posts

We had ours done last summer. Will be going a post about it in the next couple of weeks. Finally finished the insides and now just need to get a chance to get the pictures of the camera and put them on canalworld.

It was stretched 10ft by Kedian Engeneering (http://www.kedianengineering.co.uk/). Martin has an account here so you could search for him.

Cost us £5800 in total including getting the boat craned to his yard. Was only up to gunwale level so saved alittle there. But if I remember rightly he said it would be another 1000 for the top half.

Best thing we ever did. As I say if you hang on a bit I will be doing a full post of the whole process.

Have you got a 10' gap in your cabin now so it can be used as an observatory.Lol.

Neil

Matin Kedian's work seems to be well regarded, and competitively priced. No personal experience, but have only ever seen positive comment about him.

Someone called Richard Poole did several stretches when based at Pitstone Wharf on the GU, and all looked well executed. I believe he now based at Weedon.

One of the standard names that comes up for stretches is Streethay, although worth Googling that one, as I think whilst there are many happy customers I have seen a few that seemed less so,(thoughmaybe not specifically for stretches?).

One of the standard names that comes up for stretches is Streethay, although worth Googling that one, as I think whilst there are many happy customers I have seen a few that seemed less so,(thoughmaybe not specifically for stretches?).

I think ownership of Streethay changed in 2012 so that may need to be considered if looking at old work that has been done there. They are certainly busy, I've been in a few times recently as our boat is currently there for various jobs to be done and some of their work we have seen has looked very good.

I think ownership of Streethay changed in 2012 so that may need to be considered if looking at old work that has been done there.

Fair point, and I was unaware of that.

Clearly trying to see recent work by a yard, and getting personal comment from those who have used them is the way to go.

I would certainly be tempted to talk to Martin Kedian on that basis, as I have seen so much positive said about his work and pricing.

Streethay stretched a boat which was brought down from Scotland last year and although I have looked very carefully I can see no evidence of the stretch. The owner had a huge diesel tank installed below the floor so that they could take on tanker deliveries

The boat hedwig the third is still down here somewhere.

Haggis

Edited by haggis

A vote here for Martin Kedian - Google Kedianengineering. He just re-bottomed our boat and has done a hatch for us in the past. Good work, competitive pricing, minimal stripping out needed. He's not on the canal so transport each way needed.