Fairline 40 Flybridge Refit

matthewr

Featured Posts

Getting there...

gallery_25882_1380_63966.jpg

Side panel and wall covered in van liner...

gallery_25882_1380_81622.jpg

Close up...

gallery_25882_1380_78081.jpg

Carpet roughly cut and laid. It needs rolling up and sending away to have the edges whipped (bound) to stop fraying.

gallery_25882_1380_57749.jpg

Edited by matthewr

• 2 weeks later...

Been making the most of the nice weather. Wet sanded the old scruffy name off the stern - this is now ready for polishing and a nice new vinyl decal.

Also started removing the old vinyl pin stripes from the upper sides. What a job! Both sides done. Just the front to do however these are baked on hard! I can then wet sand and polish both sides and front.

I doubt I'll do the hull until it comes out the water in a year or so.

To nice isnt it to work, but a bit of easy sanding is ok i guess if your afloat.

Any good pics of the boat yet, i just love these boats and would love to see in the full.

• 3 weeks later...

Been having a few small electrical problems just of late. Very high swr reading on the iCom vhf. Turns out the set is faulty so this has got to be sent back this week for repair.

Also moved one of the 32a shore power sockets are wired in a galvanic isolator however I've found a stray mains cable that was live! Need to trace this bad boy back as it's bloody dangerous!

One of the screens got a little damp so that needs to go back :o for exchange.

Other than that, furniture has been ordered so hopefully by the start of July we should have some nice comfy sofas!

I've given the canopy canvas a good clean and will hopefully get a chance to start applying the fabsil re-proofer today. Only a very small split that'll need stitching up. Stainless steel framework will need polishing up and new nuts and bolts before it can be put back together.

New boat graphic has been put on the transom.

Carpets are back from the whippers so they have a nice tough edge on now to stop fraying. I've also managed to carpet the stairs, Just waiting on some carpet edging and a little more carpet for the helm.

Lots done but lots more to do. Glad they're all little jobs now but it is easy for them to stack up!

• 4 months later...

gallery_25882_1380_85777.jpg

A few new battery jumper leads as old ones were a little thin at 16mm. New ones above I made from 50mm :)

gallery_25882_1380_67690.jpg

Alternator removed from the port engine for a new rectifier and general clean up. Look at that engine - and that's only one!!

gallery_25882_1380_100585.jpg

A little more new headlining working forwards now. And a few new 5w LED light fittings.

gallery_25882_1380_13363.jpg

Helm area carpeted with some nice shiny edging :) Helm seat to be sent off for some nice leather covering at some point!

gallery_25882_1380_71626.jpg

And the saloon curtains just requiring a hem on the bottom edge.

Plan going forwards includes a little more work to the Eberspacher heater as I need to fit a new vent in the saloon. I've also renewed some of the pipework as it was getting a little corroded.

I have some new lights for the saloon roof as the others were too small and therefore not bright enough.

Then there is a little more trimming and fettling to do of wall lining and edging strips around carpets.

Then it'll be time to start on the galley and woodwork :)