Stoke Bruerne Events 2016

Leo No2

Featured Posts

Stoke Bruerne open weekend poster-2.pdfThe following events have been confirmed for Stoke Bruerne for 2016

Open Lock Days (13/14-February) at the Top Lock (outside the Spice of Bruerne and Boat Inn)

Stoke Bruerne Family Festival 18/19-June - booking form is here.

Village at War - 10/11-September - booking form is here.

Edited by Leo No2

• 2 months later...

I'm just looking at the VaW boat booking form and it it says "other craft in the pound between locks 15 & 16 if necessary" but then goes on to say "Moorings between locks 15 and 16 will be on a first come, first served basis".

Do I need to book a mooring for our non-historic boat as it seems to suggest that by saying "first come, first served" anyone can just moor up even if they haven't booked.

I'm just looking at the VaW boat booking form and it it says "other craft in the pound between locks 15 & 16 if necessary" but then goes on to say "Moorings between locks 15 and 16 will be on a first come, first served basis".

Do I need to book a mooring for our non-historic boat as it seems to suggest that by saying "first come, first served" anyone can just moor up even if they haven't booked.

Ian - my experience is that there will be plenty of space in the long pound but if you wish to complete a booking form then please do - it does help a little with planning but we still get boaters turning up on the day looking for moorings and I have never had to turn them away.

• 3 months later...