Organisationalm Chart For CRT Management?

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

If you want to raise an issue with CRT the best route in my experience is to start off with the local Waterways Manager or enquiries.<waterway>@canalrivertrust.org.uk. They will forward your note to the relevent manager and chase them if you complain about lack of response and you can take things from there. With the centralisation of almost everything it helps to start off with getting someone inside seeing things your way.

I did say I was playing devils advocate ...

You are, of course, correct.

Andrew Walker, the Waterways Ombudsman, was not properly appointed according to the rules of the Waterways Ombudsman scheme.

The current Waterways Ombudsman's Committee was not properly appointed according to the rules of the Waterways Ombudsman scheme.

The Waterways Ombudsman's scheme is no longer recognised its 'governing body', the Waterways Ombudsman Association.

However, this does not stop CaRT from promoting it as an independent scheme.

It doesn't stop Walker from making dishonest claims on the Bumodsman website either : ~

" The current Ombudsman was appointed in November 2012 by the Waterways Ombudsman Committee, following an advertisement and open competition for the post."

Elsewhere in the website blurb there is also this rather alarming snippet of information : ~

" . . . , Andrew first worked as a nuclear physicist on submarine propulsion systems, . . . . "

Reading that made my blood run cold, . . . . by comparison, the Cuban Missile Crisis in the early sixties suddenly seems a lot less potentially dangerous than it did at the time.

It doesn't stop Walker from making dishonest claims on the Bumodsman website either : ~

" The current Ombudsman was appointed in November 2012 by the Waterways Ombudsman Committee, following an advertisement and open competition for the post."

Elsewhere in the website blurb there is also this rather alarming snippet of information : ~

" . . . , Andrew first worked as a nuclear physicist on submarine propulsion systems, . . . . "

Reading that made my blood run cold, . . . . by comparison, the Cuban Missile Crisis in the early sixties suddenly seems a lot less potentially dangerous than it did at the time.

His claim that he was properly appointed is without foundation.

However, I suspect we veer off topic ...