Golf and boating

Rebeccas Mum

Featured Posts

I notice lots of folk know where golf courses are, and we have not had a response from a golfer yet.

I can't remember ever coming across a set of golf clubs on a boat

Richard

You must have not noticed mine. I took them out of the engine room and put the roof so they weren't in your way.

I think a lot of golfers are giving up playing the rounds due probably, as mentioned, the time it takes. However it seems that there has been an increase in people using driving ranges. I guess you can take as long as you want and you don't need to arrange it with a partner.

Maybe it is a bit like sex after all.

We overlook a golf tee off point and it gives us endless fun laughing at the golfers swishing about in the rain. Whilst we drink tea. The flat bit in the distance - that's a tee off bit. Mind you I go fishing so it's probably just as daft. smile.png

ttt_zps7130edf9.jpg

Edited by mark99

There is a golf course on the North Oxford Canal,between Hillmorton and Clifton.

There used to be on adjacent to the Coventry Canal between Alvecote and Amington, but it is closed now unfortunately.

Always looked at that one and wondered why so quite, think i saw a lad on a motorbike thrashing around on it.

Would make for a nice quite game though, apart from the green being a tad overgrown.

Before moving onto a narrow boat i was playing golf at least 3 days a week, but didn't have much time to play in the 5 years i lived aboard. There are plenty of courses you can play on the system, but by the time you get your gear out from where you have stored it out of the way, it was not worth the effort unless you were moored up at the same spot for several days. When i was moored up for Winter in Stafford i was playing a few rounds a month, but again the weather was mostly poor which took away the enjoyment.

All in all it wasn't worth the effort of taking my clubs. Since returning to land i am playing 3/4 days a week, bit still rather be on the boat.

Always looked at that one and wondered why so quite, think i saw a lad on a motorbike thrashing around on it.

Would make for a nice quite game though, apart from the green being a tad overgrown.

The Amington golf course was council owned and kept losing money. The council closed it and it is now earmarked for housing development, plus a bit is going to be turned into a nature reserve.

When I lived on a small cruiser I had my clubs and played a few along the L&L there are three frpm Leigh to chorley all within minutes or along side the cut.

I never thought of golfas being expens.

Golf is a bit 'establishment' innit?

Ditchcrawling is a bit 'anti-establishment'.

That's why there aren't so many golfboaters. Clash of cultures.

I like a bit of crazy golf now and then.

I also love the films Caddyshack, Happy Gilmore and the golf course scene from Falling Down.

I also heard a golf ball can replace the knob at the top of your morse lever.

The golfers will understand the serious implications of this :

A fellow has a week off and decides to play a round of golf every day. First thing Monday morning, he sets off on his first round and soon catches up to the person in front. He sees that this is a woman and, as he catches up to her on a par 3, that, in fact, she's very attractive. He's interested and suggests that they play the rest of the round together. She agrees and a very close match ensues. She turns out also to be a very talented golfer and she wins their little competition on the last hole. He congratulates her in the parking lot then offers to give her a lift when he sees she doesn't have a car. All in all it's been a highly enjoyable morning.

On the way to her place, she thanks him for the morning's company and competition and says she hasn't enjoyed herself so much on the course for a long time. "In fact," she says, "I'd like you to pull over so I can show you how much I appreciated everything." He pulls over, they kiss and she gives him the best oral sex he's ever had.

The next morning he spies her at the first tee and suggests they play together again. He's actually quite competitive and slightly peeved that she beat him the previous day. Again they have a magnificent day, enjoying each other's company and playing a tight, competitive round of golf. Again she pips him at the last, again he drives her home and again she shows her appreciation.

This goes on all week, with her beating him narrowly every day. This is a sore point for his male ego but, nevertheless, in the car home from their Friday afternoon round, he tells her that he has had such a fine week that he has a surprise planned: dinner for two at a fancy candle-lit restaurant followed by a night of passion in the penthouse apartment of a posh hotel. Surprisingly, she bursts into tears and says she can't agree to this. He can't work out what the fuss is about but eventually she admits the reason. "You see," she tearfully sobs, "I'm a transvestite." He is aghast. He swerves violently off the road, pulls the car to a screeching halt and curses madly, overcome with emotion. "I'm sorry," she repeats. "You bastard," he screams, red in the face, "You cheating bastard. You've been playing off the red tees all week!!"

The golfers will understand the serious implications of this :

A fellow has a week off and decides to play a round of golf every day. First thing Monday morning, he sets off on his first round and soon catches up to the person in front. He sees that this is a woman and, as he catches up to her on a par 3, that, in fact, she's very attractive. He's interested and suggests that they play the rest of the round together. She agrees and a very close match ensues. She turns out also to be a very talented golfer and she wins their little competition on the last hole. He congratulates her in the parking lot then offers to give her a lift when he sees she doesn't have a car. All in all it's been a highly enjoyable morning.

On the way to her place, she thanks him for the morning's company and competition and says she hasn't enjoyed herself so much on the course for a long time. "In fact," she says, "I'd like you to pull over so I can show you how much I appreciated everything." He pulls over, they kiss and she gives him the best oral sex he's ever had.

The next morning he spies her at the first tee and suggests they play together again. He's actually quite competitive and slightly peeved that she beat him the previous day. Again they have a magnificent day, enjoying each other's company and playing a tight, competitive round of golf. Again she pips him at the last, again he drives her home and again she shows her appreciation.

This goes on all week, with her beating him narrowly every day. This is a sore point for his male ego but, nevertheless, in the car home from their Friday afternoon round, he tells her that he has had such a fine week that he has a surprise planned: dinner for two at a fancy candle-lit restaurant followed by a night of passion in the penthouse apartment of a posh hotel. Surprisingly, she bursts into tears and says she can't agree to this. He can't work out what the fuss is about but eventually she admits the reason. "You see," she tearfully sobs, "I'm a transvestite." He is aghast. He swerves violently off the road, pulls the car to a screeching halt and curses madly, overcome with emotion. "I'm sorry," she repeats. "You bastard," he screams, red in the face, "You cheating bastard. You've been playing off the red tees all week!!"

Now i have googled "red tee" I can smile.