4LW mechanical dials and warning buzzers

swift1894

Featured Posts

Hmm. Don't want to disturb the oil pressure sender. Is there somewhere else I could put a sender for a 12v gauge??

There are oil pressure senders available with warning light contacts built in as well although you may not have much choice with the cut-in pressure

FWIW I have a 4 way splitter on my crankcase oil pressure take-off point to allow two lube feeds, a gauge line and a low pressure switch.

Danfoss make nice fully adjustable pressure and temperature switches,look in RS for something suitable or try ebay.just make sure you get the right operating range, say 0 to 4 bar press and 50 to 120*c would meet your needs. Your still going to need another connection into the lube oil pipework to actuate the pressure switch, and a probe pocket in the jacket water outlet somewhere for the temp switch bulb.don't mount pressure or temp switches directly on the engine, vibration plays havoc with delicate switching mechanisms. Mount them on a bulkhead nearby, and use flexible pipes to connect them up. Temp switches will have a length of capillary tube with a bulb on the

end. There are other cheaper options like car radiator fan switches, but these Are non- adjustable.

FWIW I have a 4 way splitter on my crankcase oil pressure take-off point to allow two lube feeds, a gauge line and a low pressure switch.

Any pics?

Any pics?

Best one I can find before rebuilt engine was fitted. The adjustable low pressure warning switch was later located on the top right union and middle one used to feed two oil pressure gauges, one on engine 'ole bulkhead and the other on the roof. A tap was fitted in this feed, close to the union.

The union threads are 1/4" BSP I believe with a four way union feeding a three way one to provide one inlet and four outlets. Suitable four way one available here.

IMG_1875_1.jpg

Edited by by'eck

Best one I can find before rebuilt engine was fitted. The adjustable low pressure warning switch was later located on the top right union and middle one used to feed two oil pressure gauges, one on engine 'ole bulkhead and the other on the roof. A tap was fitted in this feed, close to the union.

The union threads are 1/4" BSP I believe with a four way union feeding a three way one to provide one inlet and four outlets. Suitable four way one available here.

IMG_1875_1.jpg

Nice one. Thanks for the info.

Did you get the adjustable low pressure switch off eBay too?

Edited by swift1894