Sat Tv insallation recommedations please

RufusR

Featured Posts

Hi Folks

just arrived at our new home mooring and since we had the luxury or a mooring tv system at the old one we need to be self sustaining on this one .. we have just found out the maxi vision system we have aboard is bust so we need a new ariel .. We have decided that since we need to sort it we are going to install a sat dish system for free sat now with the possibilty to upgrade to sky later if needed ( if I cant manage without my cricket )

Any recommedations for sat system suppliers / installers ? I have found this guy www.travelsat.me.uk/

any one used him ? or any other recommendations please . We have all the TV's etc just need the dish and box supplied and fitted

thanks in advance

Edited by RufusR

Hi Folks

just arrived at our new home mooring and since we had the luxury or a mooring tv system at the old one we need to be self sustaining on this one .. we have just found out the maxi vision system we have aboard is bust so we need a new ariel .. We have decided that since we need to sort it we are going to install a sat dish system for free sat now with the possibilty to upgrade to sky later if needed ( if I cant manage without my cricket )

Any recommedations for sat system suppliers / installers ? I have found this guy www.travelsat.me.uk/

any one used him ? or any other recommendations please . We have all the TV's etc just need the dish and box supplied and fitted

thanks in advance

Yes, I have used Martyn (Travelsat) back when he first started and he was good. Good advice and supplied everything that I needed. Can't comment on relative pricing as there weren't that many other options available at that time but from a technical point of view and quality of equipment I thought that he was good.

Roger

Have you made sure that you have a clear & unobstructed view to the South East when you are at mooring as this is a must, I have a MAX-View VU-CUBE dish that is excellent in use & require's very little setup literally plug in & point when on moorings, when cruising after some practice setup easy just find S East preset 23degs on remote, rotate remote controls left or right until picture found done. After use disconnect & put away[dish is secure] doe's not have to be on roof use mine inside cratch for added security & discreet as well. I see link Travelsat doe's system there are 3 types I have the manual, don't know about the auto or the latest VI-CUBE 2 [Max-view site will give details] prices vary but if you look on auction sites you will find second hand. Of cause you will need a satellite receiver unless you have a built in sat/tv which I have[full HD].

These systems are not cheap to buy new but if fund's not an issue, cube with remote, 2x 10m c/axial, sat box & compass kits available try Max-View website. One other thing to check is cube is compatible with your tv & sat box[Max-view very helpful just took phone call]. I hope this post is of use, it sound's a bit involved but believe me i'm just your simple boater & if I can do it, have had system over a year now on free/sat and all you have to do is contact sky to upgrade. don't know how you do it if not got home address