Possible Tea Leaf Boat, Wheaton Aston Area

Loafer

Featured Posts

Would you feel the same way if someone posted a description of you and your boat on here along with allegations based on hearsay?

It's a tricky one, isn't it? I can see both sides of this, and I'm not sure how I would feel if a description of my boat, crew and location was put into the public domain with the suggestion that we were up to no good, if that suggestion was without foundation. On the other hand boaters are supposed to give each other a "heads-up" about potential problems on the waterways. Presumably, if the suggestions are erroneous, then they will abate, and if they are true and there is a pattern of offending then they will intensify.

It's a tricky one, isn't it? I can see both sides of this, and I'm not sure how I would feel if a description of my boat, crew and location was put into the public domain with the suggestion that we were up to no good, if that suggestion was without foundation. On the other hand boaters are supposed to give each other a "heads-up" about potential problems on the waterways. Presumably, if the suggestions are erroneous, then they will abate, and if they are true and there is a pattern of offending then they will intensify.

Totally agree about seeing both sides and that's why this kind of "internet outing" may not be appropriate - especially by a boater who doesn't publish their own name or that of their boat - in the public domain.

Yes, of course, we all really appreciate a "heads up" as Southern Star says - but surely if you're concerned about what's going on around your boat you get out and about talk to your fellow moorers - whether you consider them good, bad or indifferent?

I think the history around this boat relate to incidents prior to the husbands arrest. Just my take on things.

I found out today that they are skint. I doubt it has been to Wheaton recently as I was told today the boat was bow hauled to it's current position.

I seem to remember it having a for sale sign in the window.

My boat and three others were broken into on my mooring about tyis time last year. Clearly done by a boater, who not only knicked some useful stuff also did a remarkable amount of damage getting into the boat.

Thanks for the warning. And 'Nantwich' can you get up to five posts them PM me with some more details. thanks.

Message sent Dor.

Edited by Nantwich

No, we keep ours in a cuddy.

I probably ought to leaf it there as I can sense a storm in a tea cup brewing.

Still, best not to stew on matters.

Good one, gazza. Half a greenie. Next time you make me laugh, you get the other half!

Totally agree about seeing both sides and that's why this kind of "internet outing" may not be appropriate - especially by a boater who doesn't publish their own name or that of their boat - in the public domain.

Yes, of course, we all really appreciate a "heads up" as Southern Star says - but surely if you're concerned about what's going on around your boat you get out and about talk to your fellow moorers - whether you consider them good, bad or indifferent?

I guess that's me. The reason I don't show who I am is nothing to do with any dodgy nefarious activities, I assure you. It is merely a precaution to defend against torrents of abuse being hurled at me from some members on here!

I guess that's me. The reason I don't show who I am is nothing to do with any dodgy nefarious activities, I assure you. It is merely a precaution to defend against torrents of abuse being hurled at me from some members on here!

Doesn't that kind of mean that you expect to annoy people on here to the point that they'd throw abuse at you in real life. Odd as i've never had anyone on here throw abuse at me..

Casp'

Doesn't that kind of mean that you expect to annoy people on here to the point that they'd throw abuse at you in real life. Odd as i've never had anyone on here throw abuse at me..

Casp'

Has the thought ever occurred to you that in real life he is somebody who has been/is abused by boaters online? There are some names that when mentioned get a certain amount of abuse merited or not. TD always seems to have something abusive to say about a certain Mr Parry for example. Not that I am suggesting Loafer is Mr Parry.

EDIT: To untangle my fingers.

Edited by Jerra

Casp'

I have annoyed many whom I didn't expect to be annoyed, some of them forum members, in cases where I have aired my sometimes unpopular views.

In answer to your question, no I don't 'expect' to annoy anyone, be it here or the bigger world. No-one has hurled abuse at me yet, either. It's just an identity precaution that I use elsewhere on the internet.

Does this bother any one here?

Makes me suspicious of anonymous users, I'm sure it gives them a sense that they can say things they would not say face to face.

Casp'

That may well be the case, although not in this one. I would still say what I say, to anyone, but I'm still not going to be too keen to get too involved with an internet forum. I have no idea who anyone here actually is, apart from one or two, and some of the lurkers here might be quite interested in boat names, owner's whereabouts and other details for nefarious reasons of their own.

I'm a bit suspicious, me!t3612.gif

• Greenie 1

That may well be the case, although not in this one. I would still say what I say, to anyone, but I'm still not going to be too keen to get too involved with an internet forum. I have no idea who anyone here actually is, apart from one or two, and some of the lurkers here might be quite interested in boat names, owner's whereabouts and other details for nefarious reasons of their own.

I'm a bit suspicious, me!t3612.gif

I feel the same as you. I just enjoy a certain degree of privacy and anonymity. The desire for anonymity isn't so much directed towards the members of this forum as it is towards the other 6.999 billion other people on the planet. I'll reveal my real identity to just about anyone on the forum, as long as it's done privately. I just don't like the idea of anyone and everyone being able to search the internet by my name and be able to keep track of stuff like what I write here.

I don't know why anyone would possibly be interested in following me around, I just don't like the idea that someone could.

I'm really Lord Byron...

Love your work!

But what have you done lately????

He must be breaking the speed limit to get between Wheaton Ashton and Nantwich so quickly. smile.png

"With respect", good humoured post aside, breaking the speed limit is the least serious offence the crew of this boat are likely to commit.

It is the same boat mentioned in previous threads some months back.Seen them several times mainly around The Llangollen, Nantwich, and also Middlewich.There were offences committed involving serious violence and a major police operation - the constant thieving has been virtually ignored or swept under the carpet despite good evidence being available. I have witnessed it for myself.

Until the authorities that have the power actually use the power to permanently deal with this type of cruising lifestyle choice, in my opinion people have a right to be tipped off if there is a significant risk of damage, theft of property, or worse. Especially if the person giving fellow law abiding boaters the "heads up" is not breaking the law in doing so.

As an aside, People have a right to be virtually anonymous on here and other forums. A trawl through posts can reveal a good profile of all sorts of details that could give an insight into folks boats, and their security. If an anonymous poster said or did anything illegal, I would think that could be traced anyway.

• Greenie 3

"With respect", good humoured post aside, breaking the speed limit is the least serious offence the crew of this boat are likely to commit.

It is the same boat mentioned in previous threads some months back.Seen them several times mainly around The Llangollen, Nantwich, and also Middlewich.There were offences committed involving serious violence and a major police operation - the constant thieving has been virtually ignored or swept under the carpet despite good evidence being available. I have witnessed it for myself.

Until the authorities that have the power actually use the power to permanently deal with this type of cruising lifestyle choice, in my opinion people have a right to be tipped off if there is a significant risk of damage, theft of property, or worse. Especially if the person giving fellow law abiding boaters the "heads up" is not breaking the law in doing so.

As an aside, People have a right to be virtually anonymous on here and other forums. A trawl through posts can reveal a good profile of all sorts of details that could give an insight into folks boats, and their security. If an anonymous poster said or did anything illegal, I would think that could be traced anyway.

Will send a PM as I had stuff nicked twixt Nantwich and Middlewich ...... just wondering.....