I don't know ........

zenataomm

Featured Posts

well to begin with the axe demos at the beginning were abysmal, either they were told to make a complete arse of it or they had never seen an axe before. :)

I've seen this a few years ago and I am sure it's fine on straight grained timber but then again so is an axe used properly

I'd like to see how it copes with some of the knotted logs I've had to deal with, or seasoned hardwood that just doesn't want to split -- the blade edge angle looks very blunt, I suspect it would just bounce off...

I am de;ighted with my Smart Splitter. I have a Smart Holder as well. Both ore easily stored on the boat the Holder will hold anything from a broom handle to a 9" log and works well for chainsawing or bow sawing. The Smart works on the falling weight principle like the one above but it stands in a block of wood. It will safely split anything from a broom handle up to about 9". I have split much bigger stuff than this by working in from the edge of the log.

N