Stuffed Butternut Squash

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Sorry - I can't see the picture/link!

I do apologise if it's my rubbish signal here.....Will have to google it myself. Thanks for the tip.....

Don't apologise it made me giggle tbh, I'm on my phone or I might have made more of an effort to find the link myself ;)

I slow-baked some on top of the stove overnight. Popped it into my little spuddy baker when I went to bed and the fire was down low. And scoffed it this afternoon cooked to perfection. I just seasoned it will salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic and a bit of coconut oil. It was yummy. 20160115_184049_zpsnr9slvnh.jpg

So what's the spud baker like ? Is it worth the money in your view ?

The four spud one is about thirty quid, so not cheap, but maybe worth it if it works well.

Eager to hear your experience

Rog

Yes. I've used it every day since I got it. I'm not great at keeping my stove topped up with coal so the heat varies. So I've got into a routine of putting sweet potatoes, swede or butternut squash in the potato oven before I go to bed and it slow cooks through to be ready for dinner the following afternoon. According to the destructions, for a stove at 250-300 degrees, two spuds should bake within 3 hours. It's been reliable so far unlike trying to bake them inside the firebox in foil. I've also made bread in it and roasted hazelnuts.

Edited by BlueStringPudding

Yes. I've used it every day since I got it. I'm not great at keeping my stove topped up with coal so the heat varies. So I've got into a routine of putting sweet potatoes, swede or butternut squash in the potato oven before I go to bed and it slow cooks through to be ready for dinner the following afternoon. According to the destructions, for a stove at 250-300 degrees, two spuds should bake within 3 hours. It's been reliable so far unlike trying to bake them inside the firebox in foil. I've also made bread in it and roasted hazelnuts.

Thanks for the review. Sounds like we'll be ordering one. I love jacket spuds :)

Rog

Thinking back to the original post, has anyone heard from Rachel (= Naughty Cal)? It's not like her to keep quiet for so long.

She keeps a blog.

I believe they are busy decorating at home.

Rog