Designated winter mooring spots.

kris88

Featured Posts

Just noticed yesterday , that there's a designated winter mooring stretch below 3 rise at bingley.

I'm just wondering if all the designated spots are in such we'll thought out spots.

This one is right next to a very busy bypass. The nearest water and Elsan are at the top of 5rise that you have to book passage through In winter. There's a stoppage on three rise sometime this winter as we'll. in the other direction the nearest

Water is at dobson's lock. There's a stoppage at Shipley at some stage as we'll.

It would seem someone hadn't thought it through, or else they want the uptake of winter moorings low so they can scrap them all together.

Regards kris

Edited by kris88

Some of them are better thought out.

Our nearest one is at Saxilby with a water point opposite the moorings, toilets, elsan point and shower (council operated) opposite and good shops, pubs and takeaways and bus and train station in close proximity.

Some of them are better thought out.

Our nearest one is at Saxilby with a water point opposite the moorings, toilets, elsan point and shower (council operated) opposite and good shops, pubs and takeaways and bus and train station in close proximity.

And - possibly the best Pizza take away in the world ( early this year anyway)

Elsan / toilet / shower was padlocked when we were there last - no idea (or notices) as to how to get it unlocked but BW key didn't fit.

And - possibly the best Pizza take away in the world ( early this year anyway)

Elsan / toilet / shower was padlocked when we were there last - no idea (or notices) as to how to get it unlocked but BW key didn't fit.

The toilets were certainly open this weekend.

Didn't check the showers or elsan point as we had no need.

The pizza shop is rather good as is the chippy around the corner.

I'm surprised that The Kiln moorings in Newark are only £6.50 per metre per month. This is a really handy mooring!

And with Water and electricity.

Surprised its not full.

We (36 foot x 14 foot cruiser) are just 500 yards away and are paying £277 per month, it would only be £71.50 per month on the Kiln.

What to do ?

£13.50 per metre to leave a boat on a towpath for a month is pretty poor value really. In this part of the world at least; it's not far off what you'd pay for a pontoon at a fully serviced marina. £6.50 is better value though. I've booked a £6.50 one for 2 months because I'm going away for a while, won't need any services.

I was a bit surprised when I booked it. The prices quoted are subject to a 10% prompt payment discount. They should advertise that, makes it a better deal, might secure a few more bookings and cash for the trust.

Surprised its not full.

We (36 foot x 14 foot cruiser) are just 500 yards away and are paying £277 per month, it would only be £71.50 per month on the Kiln.

What to do ?

With the prompt payment discount would be areal bargain. Are you in a marina? Paying a premium because of the width of your boat?

Regards kris

With the prompt payment discount would be areal bargain. Yes Are you in a marina? Yes Paying a premium because of the width of your boat? Yes

Regards kris

The only benefits of the marina compared to the poonton (which is just outside the marina) are :

Security ( locked gates)

Elsan emptying on site.

£13.50 per metre to leave a boat on a towpath for a month is pretty poor value really. In this part of the world at least; it's not far off what you'd pay for a pontoon at a fully serviced marina. £6.50 is better value though. I've booked a £6.50 one for 2 months because I'm going away for a while, won't need any services.

I was a bit surprised when I booked it. The prices quoted are subject to a 10% prompt payment discount. They should advertise that, makes it a better deal, might secure a few more bookings and cash for the trust.

My mooring was less! Now it's gone up it's still only slightly more than a winter mooring. Elec, water, secure, parking. When we had winter moorings opposite us, I wondered if they realised they were paying more than we were! If I were a cruiser, I'd go in a marina for the worst of the winter. Because if I'm paying to moor I'd want fully serviced, otherwise you may as well keep moving.

If I were a cruiser, I'd go in a marina for the worst of the winter. Because if I'm paying to moor I'd want fully serviced, otherwise you may as well keep moving.

It seems to be a bit of a own goal for CRT, if marinas are cheaper or the same price. I sure a lot of cruisers would prefere to give there money to CRT instead of a private marina. But CRT's policy is making this uneconomical.

Regards kris

Edited by kris88

Reading a post on the forum yesterday about someone looking for a mooring in Milton

Keynes and being told the marina there is already full.

A retired boater who lives there assures me its not with people on a winter mooring but

with people on housing benefit.Can I quickly add prior to being savaged that I make no

distinction about how the mooring is paid for only to ask if this is a significant revenue

stream for these marina owners/operators?

It seems to be a bit of a own goal for CRT, if marinas are cheaper or the same price. I sure a lot of cruisers would prefere to give there money to CRT instead of a private marina. But CRT's policy is making this uneconomical.

Regards kris

I suspect pragmatically, boaters are neutral about who they give the money to.

Reading a post on the forum yesterday about someone looking for a mooring in Milton

Keynes and being told the marina there is already full.

A retired boater who lives there assures me its not with people on a winter mooring but

with people on housing benefit.Can I quickly add prior to being savaged that I make no

distinction about how the mooring is paid for only to ask if this is a significant revenue

stream for these marina owners/operators?

I suspect pragmatically, marina operators are neutral about where their money comes from.

I suspect pragmatically, boaters are neutral about who they give the money to.

I suspect pragmatically, marina operators are neutral about where their money comes from.

I suspect you are right.

Certainly for us we look at who offers the best value for money and service be that CRT or another company.