Are Canaline Marine Engines any good ?

GreyLady

Featured Posts

Having seen the demise of the Shanks engine based on a Korean (I think) engine I would be more favourably disposed to one with a Japanese base engine. However I think Canal-line have marinised engines other that a Koto (bet that's spelt wrong) so its down to model. I think the people behind it also did the Izusu marinised engine and they were good..

Edited by Tony Brooks

Well thats good news, weve just been to Mercia Marina and had a chat to them about the Hanbury range.

standard engine is a 38 and the upgrade is a 42.

the reason I asked is ive never heard of Canaline before.

Possibly because, unlike for example Barrus or Lister, they have not been around for very long - perhaps five years.

Possibly because, unlike for example Barrus or Lister, they have not been around for very long - perhaps five years.

Ive never heard of any Narrowboat Engines until 6 months ago so their all new to me. Lol

The Canaline 38 comes with a PRM 120 not the 150 which I read was better.

Personally I'd rather have a Beta kubota, but canaline are OK. I've sent you a PM regarding the Hanbury range but in short, I wouldn't recommend them for live aboard.

thank nick. Bugger :-(

Ive never heard of any Narrowboat Engines until 6 months ago so their all new to me. Lol

The Canaline 38 comes with a PRM 120 not the 150 which I read was better.

thank nick. Bugger :-(

As I said in my PM I would recommend a quality second hand boat over a new cheap one, but if you are determined to buy new and cheap then I think Aintree boats are one of the better bets.

As I said in my PM I would recommend a quality second hand boat over a new cheap one, but if you are determined to buy new and cheap then I think Aintree boats are one of the better bets.

Ive just Pm'd you back Nick, I will phone Aintree on monday and ask about their build times/free slots.

Ive heard good reviews about them.

thanks again for your help.

Really! What's Nick done to deserve being called that?:D

'Hanbury range but in short, I wouldn't recommend them for live aboard.' - Bugger time to look at another builder. Lol

If you were at Mercia did you have a look at the Aqualine range.

No because they were out of our budget unfortunately, were working on 70k maximum.

Their was a used Aqualine their which was nice but that was 79k.

Some of the other boats looks quite tired for their price tag, I am sure the right boat sill find us. Lol

In which case, although some may vouch for their reliability, we don't yet know about their longevity or reliability as they get older

Absolutely - although I suppose their base engines (Kubota?) have been produced for much longer.