Coal in Lincoln

Alway Swilby

Featured Posts

we usually sell coal on the Witham during winter but not going down there this year(long story), Poklington at Boston will deliver to Lincoln,haven't got his number to hand but google him, he is a Boston but his lorrys go all over Lincolnshire. Would highly recommend "Burnwell" that he sells a NONE type approved smokeless, good heat very low ash and stays in all night. hope that helps.

We're on our way to Lincoln and almost out of coal. I had to buy 10kg for £7.30 from a garage in Newark today. Is there anywhere in Lincoln (or Torksey) that sells coal at a more reasonable price?

I live near Lincoln. If you want to try Aldi they are both a long way from any mooring in the centre.

Send me a pm and we'll swop phone numbers. I'll happily nip into town and bring you a few bags of coal - or I'll pick you up and run you up to Aldi and back

I live near Lincoln. If you want to try Aldi they are both a long way from any mooring in the centre.

Send me a pm and we'll swop phone numbers. I'll happily nip into town and bring you a few bags of coal - or I'll pick you up and run you up to Aldi and back

If the OP is still in Newark the Aldi is next to the river.

Thanks for that Barry, we should be in Lincoln tomorrow (Tuesday). If we are still in need I'll letyou know.

Sorry about the muddled post above.

Thanks NC, I had a look in Aldi in Newark but they only had bbq charcoal. Didn't think that would do well in our Squirrel!

as i said phone up the aldis they are easy googled ours has the smokeless fuel but clearly not all of them do. i only noticed because the shop next door was doing the worse burning wood in the world silver birch at the same price

Thanks for that Barry, we should be in Lincoln tomorrow (Tuesday). If we are still in need I'll letyou know.

No problem. I'm around at home but just in case I don't look at my lappy for a while I'll PM you my mobile number.

Sorry about the muddled post above.

Thanks NC, I had a look in Aldi in Newark but they only had bbq charcoal. Didn't think that would do well in our Squirrel!

Charcoal works fine in my fire, it's not as good as coal but it burns steadly and gives off good heat, that aside I've just been in my local Aldi and they're selling 5kg bags of easy light charcoal briquettes for 29p, yes 29p for 5kgs.

They had 5kg bags of lumpwood charcoal by the door for £1.39 which I thought was a bargain but 50kg of briquettes for less than 3 quid!!! I might go back for more 10 might not be enough.

K