CRT Council nominations open

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

I felt sure this must have been posted already, but I can't see it anywhere- the nominations are now open for CRT Council, and you can currently see who is standing, a little bit about their platform, and if you wish, become one of their ten required nominee's.

I think you may need to have been in receipt of the email to eligible candidates/voters to see the list though, as viewing it requires a unique code number.

I almost missed the email but it has been interesting seeing the range of people who are trying to get a platform so far-some with none of their required ten supporters so far!

Yes, the 14th. I nearly overlooked the email, the vast majority of those wishing to stand have no nominations.... The others, by and large, have all of those they need.

If one is a half way serious candidate, it should not be at all hard to find enough nominations.

The hard bit is getting enough votes!

Anyone who is eligible to vote should have had the email-c/p won't help because of the drop-downs and the log in code etc.

I strongly suspect a lot of people have missed the email.

I don't personally know any of those standing; one seems convincing, the rest running from mediocre to insane... A couple appear to have the strong support of certain (small, non IWA) membership groups/clubs.

You simply have to be the holder of a CRT annual licence.

Have you had none of the pre-election bumph? I got nothing despite being registered with them and in receipt of other emails-I got a press release telling me that eligible boaters had been contacted now. I chased it up because I had not been contacted, filled in the CRT page bit about not having had details, then filled in the same on the electoral reform website-and got nothing after three days.

I had to email someone in CRT directly to get added.

Straw poll, who else who is eligible to vote has had nothing through? It's getting down to the wire somewhat.

Nope - just checked inbox and spam folders just in case but definitely no e-mail received. There were several Boaters Updates from CRT so we're still on their radar.

No idea what's happening here but hell after the last fiasco I probably wouldn't bother anyway. Nice to be given a choice not to bother though.

So 18 private boaters standing, with only 48 nominations between them.

Had a quick look there are just 3 people that have the 10 nominations, and one that has 9, the others mostly have none or perhaps 1. This for 4 places so on that basis looks like there would not need to be an election.

So 18 private boaters standing, with only 48 nominations between them.

Had a quick look there are just 3 people that have the 10 nominations, and one that has 9, the others mostly have none or perhaps 1. This for 4 places so on that basis looks like there would not need to be an election.

This election appears to be turning into a vote of no confidence in CaRT and its governance structure. Last time round (from memory) there were 33 candidates with over 7,000 voting.

Boater's Update dated 9th Oct, https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/news-and-views/blogs/the-boaters-update/boaters-update-9-october-2015?utm_source=Combined+Boaters%27+Update+Sep+2013&utm_campaign=8c07b70fab-Boaters_Update_9_Oct_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_482c157644-8c07b70fab-78164929#elections

Follow link - council elections - panel on right hand side gives catagoeies of candidates, I had to do this twice to fet the actuive list! Click on your selected catagory and all the people putting themselves forward are identified, clicking on any of them produces that persons personal statement.

I managed to get information on all the candidtaes in all the catagories withiout entering a log in number.

Edited by David Schweizer

This election appears to be turning into a vote of no confidence in CaRT and its governance structure. Last time round (from memory) there were 33 candidates with over 7,000 voting.

Potentially says more about how boaters are 'engaged' with CRT than any survey.

I've had many stating that they have not received the email relating to this. Also the nominations site is not being monitored or updated.

A complaint to the site was answered with "try reloading". After over 20 attempts to nominate a candidate, it was still not showing.

Maybe I should have gone for this again this time after all!

(For the avoidance of doubt, I have not).

I have no memory of receiving emails with codes in, but it is not impossible that I have - I'll have a proper look later.

EDIT: It is my memory that is at fault - on checking I received two apparently identical emails from Electoral Reform Services on 11th September

Edited by alan_fincher