CRT Council nominations open

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

I definately need to find out how to vote as this has just appeared on my FB page ..... I'm honestly gobstruck

If you are registered to vote in the CRT elections please support my nomination - my mission statement is...The Boating Trade has grown rapidly in the last 10 years yet the institutionalised views of British Waterways have created a huge lack of open communication, an unwillingness in areas of consultation and a shortfall in forward planning. Focusing on the consumer needs and the capabilities of the waterways is paramount to the Boating Trade. CRT must change and open regular communication with the small businesses and investors who support the network and help it grow. Marinas, Brokers & Boat Hire companies are the organisations finding new & profitable customers for future years and CRT must understand & support us doing this. Close & regular communication meetings, data sharing & cooperation will improve if I am elected to this role. Paul Lillie

I need a lie down to get over the hypocrisy ....

• Greenie 2

I definately need to find out how to vote as this has just appeared on my FB page ..... I'm honestly gobstruck

If you are registered to vote in the CRT elections please support my nomination - my mission statement is...The Boating Trade has grown rapidly in the last 10 years yet the institutionalised views of British Waterways have created a huge lack of open communication, an unwillingness in areas of consultation and a shortfall in forward planning. Focusing on the consumer needs and the capabilities of the waterways is paramount to the Boating Trade. CRT must change and open regular communication with the small businesses and investors who support the network and help it grow. Marinas, Brokers & Boat Hire companies are the organisations finding new & profitable customers for future years and CRT must understand & support us doing this. Close & regular communication meetings, data sharing & cooperation will improve if I am elected to this role. Paul Lillie

I think that may be a wind up ;)

Not true. In fact when I spoke to them, they admitted they don't.

So don't make your statement as if it is fact. Its very misleading!

My statement was made on the basis of what ERS say on the landing page. I have cut and pasted it below (with the relevent text highlighted in red) -

Welcome to the Canal & River Trust Council elections 2015/2016 website.

Nominations are currently open for people wishing to stand for election to the Canal & River Trust’s council.

If you are eligible and want to stand as a candidate, you will need to complete the nomination form here online, along with the upload of your manifesto and optional video. You may wish to refer to some short advice on preparing your election statement in the useful documents on this page.

To support your nomination you will need at least 5 people (or 10 from the private boating constituency) to sponsor your nomination. People register their sponsorship here, online. Click on the constituencies in the right hand column of this page to see who has submitted a nomination and whether they have enough sponsors. This enables candidates who are less well-known or have less opportunity for enlisting support to highlight their candidacy.

You will have received an email from us (onlinevoting@electoralreform.co.uk) with your own unique link to login to this website. Your security code for logging in is automatically entered each time you click on the link in the email. Alternatively you can go to our login page and enter your security code (this is also for people who received a letter from us). Once logged in you can nominate yourself to stand for election or support someone else’s nomination. Nominees’ submissions are first validated by ERS and the nominee list is updated every 48 hours.

If you haven’t received the email/letter from us, or you have lost your security code to login, please contact us or call (020 8889 9203).

If you want to stand in the business boating election as officer or employee of a trade association or an individual that represents the interests of boating businesses pleasecontact us.

Nominations close at 23:59 on Wednesday 14 October 2015.

In the coming months, on this website you will also be able to:

• View the final candidate list and their manifestos
  • Cast your vote - you'll be given a new link for voting in a later email from us
  • See the results

Please refer to the useful documents for details of the Council’s composition, eligibility to stand and vote, election procedures and governance of the Trust.

More information about the Trust’s council elections can be found atwww.canalrivertrust.org.uk/councilelections2015.

• Greenie 1

Just to reinforce that the page is here: www.votebyinternet.com/crtelections2015

You will see from Allan's post saying if you have not got the email or lost it then contact details are there. If you want to nominate someone or vote then just do what the website says you should do.

The process is clunky, read what is on the screen and it seems to work. It does not get updated in real time, I found there was a delay presumably whilst they checked it, the delay felt more than the 48 hours they mention.

If I had followed my own advice and read the screens correctly then I would have seen that you can only nominate in certain categories, eg if you are a private boater you can't nominate a business boater which is a shame as there is one forum member there who I think would be very good news.

• Greenie 1

Your original post did not state that though did it....

Stop digging.

The original statement :

You are right. ERS validates nominations and updates the list every 48 hours.

Looks very similar to :

My statement was made on the basis of what ERS say on the landing page. I have cut and pasted it below (with the relevent text highlighted in red) -

............. Nominees’ submissions are first validated by ERS and the nominee list is updated every 48 hours. ...............

The number of nominations has just jumped from 18 to 26 so I suggest that those that have nominated someone check.

Also spotted that existing private boating council member, Vaughan Welch, is one of the new nominees.

It appears that he might have retired as an IWA trustee so that he is eligible.

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)

Presumably that is for a boating business nominee, not the private boater nominees that most people will see. I certainly don't see him on the private boaters list, unless it is just a wind-up.

He is not listed on the site though (yet).

I can see the candidates in all 5 categories without logging using any login or bespoke code.

Oddly, shortly after I asked some awkward questions of him on FB, which were met with the usual crap about how it wasn't fair, the post vanished.

I find it difficult to imagine many boating businesses will vote for the guy who didn't pay what they had to pay.

Oddly, shortly after I asked some awkward questions of him on FB, which were met with the usual crap about how it wasn't fair, the post vanished.

I find it difficult to imagine many boating businesses will vote for the guy who didn't pay what they had to pay.

Probably blocked you. Seems to be a habit by some if you ask questions they can't answer.

I feel CRT and boat owners should get it together really. These four delegates in my opinion should be representative of the areas they cruise-keep their boats.

I know Crt are looking to set national policy, but some areas like London should not reflect on completely different issues elsewhere.

Local council members could do a lot to promote issues and concerns within their patch.

The waterway partnerships I know should be doing this, but it's just not working.

I think there is a bigger role council members could play, and I think Crt are missing a trick.

Edited by jenlyn

Checked both my inbox and spam folders back to the 1st and haven't received anything other than restriction notifications from CRT...what qualifications does one need to have in order to meet the requirements of being a eligible voter I wonder?

Do a search on Electoral Services, I got mine on 22 July

Oh you need a 12 month licence - if you have a three or six month licence, you are disenfranchised; which, IMHO, is wrong

Edited by StarUKKiwi

Well in that case, CRT needs to alter the FAQ as that is what they still say, so anyone looking might think they couldn't vote.

Several of the candidates I have spoken to are fully aware of the change. It was publicised at the end of Sept, beginning of October.