Voltage Regulator/Stabilizer Unit Required

Saffa

Featured Posts

I have been on Google and Ebay and not been able to find what I am looking for.

I need a voltage regulator/stabilizer with the following stats

Input Voltage 12-16vdc ( there abouts )

Output Voltage 12-13vdc Stable ( 3A - 4A )

All I'm finding on eBay is 24vdc to 12vdc converters.

I have acquired new LED fittings. These are normally fed from a 240v to 12dvc driver. They work fine but do get a bit warm when I am charging the batteries. To extend their life I want to regulate the voltage on the 4 lighting circuts on the boat.

Any links reconsiderations welcome

Thank you

I've recently been updating our boats lights to LEDs but have been quite fussy about the visual effects that I wanted.

Chris Horridge at Downlighters direct has been very helpful in tracking down suitable fittings and I'll provide more info with pics once we have finished.

In the mean time he sells several different DC DC converters.

For example:

ZB15-12-12S £21.65

Input range: 9~18Vdc

Output: 12V @ 1.25A

Dimensions: 96 x 54 x 18.3 mm

Here is a link to another option:

https://www.downlightsdirect.co.uk/led-drivers/constant-voltage/15w-dc-to-dc-converter-12v.html#description

With expanded specification.

Chris is at 01706 521188

No connection but very happy his products and advise.

Nick

Thank you for this. I did see those but I am not a fan of buying from China. I always seem to get customs charges and have lost money before when items do not arrive. There just does not seem to be a UK supplier.

Thanks Chris. This may be the way forward.

I've recently been updating our boats lights to LEDs but have been quite fussy about the visual effects that I wanted.

Chris Horridge at Downlighters direct has been very helpful in tracking down suitable fittings and I'll provide more info with pics once we have finished.

In the mean time he sells several different DC DC converters.

For example:

ZB15-12-12S £21.65

Input range: 9~18Vdc

Output: 12V @ 1.25A

Dimensions: 96 x 54 x 18.3 mm

Here is a link to another option:

https://www.downlightsdirect.co.uk/led-drivers/constant-voltage/15w-dc-to-dc-converter-12v.html#description

With expanded specification.

Chris is at 01706 521188

No connection but very happy his products and advise.

Thanks for the info. If I get stuck Ill give Chris a ring.

I have been buying modules for several years now and never been charged any extra duty / VAT etc - order values are usually less than £30, when the duty / VAT either is below a threshold or simply not worth the admin to collect. Currently kitting out my house with LED lighting and buying for that. You can usually find sellers who have bought a number of them and mark them up a few pounds to sell from within the UK, although some of these, whilst UK based, are "agents" for the overseas manufacturers, although still manage to give delivery of only a few days...

Nick

Many Asus laptops use a 12V supply. Laptop supplies generally are pretty accurate in maintaining their output voltage over a range of supply voltages.

I've used them around my boat to protect 12v LED devices. Similar to this one. It's plug in but you can easily hard wire it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Car-DC-Adapter-Power-Supply-Battery-Charger-for-Asus-Eee-PC-900A-901-900HA-/191276755835?hash=item2c88fbab7b

I converted all NB Earnest's Labcraft Trilights / single tube florescents to LED (the sticky stuff, on a roll) and used this regulator in each unit, as it was small enough to fit in place of the oscillator circuit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-DC-LM2596-Step-Down-Adjustable-Power-Supply-Module-CC-CV-LED-Drive-LED-Driver-/141758481035?hash=item210176c28b

You have to set the output voltage. I set it to zero then adjusted it to 12v when under load and with max charging voltage being applied by Victron charger.

They work well and no blown LEDs after this seasons use.

I converted all NB Earnest's Labcraft Trilights / single tube florescents to LED (the sticky stuff, on a roll) and used this regulator in each unit, as it was small enough to fit in place of the oscillator circuit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-DC-LM2596-Step-Down-Adjustable-Power-Supply-Module-CC-CV-LED-Drive-LED-Driver-/141758481035?hash=item210176c28b

You have to set the output voltage. I set it to zero then adjusted it to 12v when under load and with max charging voltage being applied by Victron charger.

They work well and no blown LEDs after this seasons use.

Thanks for posting that. Just ordered one for a little job I need to do :)

I have been on Google and Ebay and not been able to find what I am looking for.

I need a voltage regulator/stabilizer with the following stats

Input Voltage 12-16vdc ( there abouts )

Output Voltage 12-13vdc Stable ( 3A - 4A )

All I'm finding on eBay is 24vdc to 12vdc converters.

I have acquired new LED fittings. These are normally fed from a 240v to 12dvc driver. They work fine but do get a bit warm when I am charging the batteries. To extend their life I want to regulate the voltage on the 4 lighting circuts on the boat.

Any links reconsiderations welcome

Thank you

I have an Amperor "DC Vehicle Adaptor" that is no longer required and would be willing to sell if it suits your needs.

Specs are input 10 - 28 VDC, output 12.8 VDC 5.6A 70W

Never used. £15 plus postage of your choice and it's yours.

I have an Amperor "DC Vehicle Adaptor" that is no longer required and would be willing to sell if it suits your needs.

Specs are input 10 - 28 VDC, output 12.8 VDC 5.6A 70W

Never used. £15 plus postage of your choice and it's yours.

Hi thanks for the offer. I have purchased a unit from ebay for now but will come back to you if I need it.