so ... first night on my boat

Morticiah

Featured Posts

Here I am ... first night on my boat.

Listening to the strange noises and drinking a large gin.

Feeling like I've come home.

All finger nails broken. Probably lost a least a stone in weight YAY.

Worked out you can't push a trolley thingie. You have to pull

It rained. But mostly the sun shone.

I saw a bloody HUGE fish, many cats, some chickens (??) several ducks and quite a few swans

Already blown a light fuse (thank goodness for mobile phone lighting - must get torches out of storage).

It's too warm (that's what hatches and doors are for?).

The TV and broadband work. At the moment.

Haven't managed to unpack much (apart from the Gin obvs)

Happy, but tired.

• Greenie 4

Oh my goodness, thank you all for the responses.

Doors and hatches safely closed (hence no finger nails).

I'm still furtling with the heating :-D but I've got a blankie ready cos I'd rather be too cold than too hot!

and I am very much happier about waking up tomorrow morning.

Even though I have a load of boxes to empty, and it's a bloody long walk to the car :-D

#grins

Hey Mort! Ya dun good gurl!!

Bet you thought the day would never come. Well, it did and now you've done it. And now it begins!!!!

Don't worry about your nails breaking, they grow back.....and then you break 'em again.

You have plenty of time for unpacking now....cos you're there.

YOU'VE DONE IT!

Rob....

That's great, I wish you many happy memories on board. When I get to my boat I just love listening to the ducks pecking at the hull and he gentle creaking as she rocks at her mooring.

Now to-day put down that gin and unpack!.....then it'll be home sweet home...you'll find u don't need half that stuff you've brought and as you say long walk back to car. Cheers..raises cup of tea(well it is only 06.45)

That's great, I wish you many happy memories on board. When I get to my boat I just love listening to the ducks pecking at the hull and he gentle creaking as she rocks at her mooring.

Now to-day put down that gin and unpack!.....then it'll be home sweet home...you'll find u don't need half that stuff you've brought and as you say long walk back to car. Cheers..raises cup of tea(well it is only 06.45)

Tea? 06.45?? Not a proper boater then! smile.png

Rob....

Edited by ROBDEN

Oh the first night fantasia, the warm feeling of home. I remember my first night sleeping amongst the far to many boxes I bought with me wondering where will I put it all. Most of it has now been re distributed.

This morning like every morning is a joy to wake up to a light mist over the canal the sound of dew dripping from the trees, a crackle from the stove bird song in every direction.

Bacon butty and a pot of tea dog snoring on my lap. Life is good happy days enjoy the experience and embrace your new home welcome to the slightly crazy community of boaters.

That's great, I wish you many happy memories on board. When I get to my boat I just love listening to the ducks pecking at the hull

smiley_offtopic.gif During all of this year I have only had ducks pecking a couple of times. I used to hear it every morning. Are there far fewer ducks, or does my boat not taste good anymore?