We need a new oven - can you recommend one ?

Blazeaway

Featured Posts

The oven on our boat is just not performing well enough despite having a service by maker (model belling xou60lpg) It takes ages to cook anything and even then its not properly cooked.

I suspect its just a poor low quality product.

Do you have any experience and recommendations of a decent oven, my wife is a great cook/chef and is at her wits end trying to cope and wants it gone and a new one installed.

When our oven was like yours we removed the oven and hob above and fitted a New World nw55twlglpg free standing cooker. Needs 230v for oven fans and ignition.

http://ao.com/product/nw55twlglpg-newworld-gas-cooker-black-24919-10.aspx

Just asked Mrs L for a rating and its 9.5 out of 10 only not perfect because there is no light in the oven.

Sounds to me like a faulty thermostat. Does the flame size reduce when it gets up to temp? It should.

Could alternatively be low gas pressure. Did the service bod check this? Presumably you told him he was there to fix a fault rather than just service it?

Another suggestion is get an oven thermometer and see what temp it gets to for each setting on the dial.

I'm sure this is a fault rather than a badly designed product. Belling have been making ovens long enough to get the basics right like the temperature inside!

We have a Stoves DLT500 which we had installed about 4 years ago now. It has a 12v ignition system and the head chef is well pleased with it.

I have included the link to midland swindlers, but they are considerably cheaper at Kingslock Chandlery.

http://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/Catalogue/ProductDetail/stoves-500-dit-lpg-cooker-stainless?productID=cd146e0f-64ed-486f-bd42-ca2507e12915&catalogueLevelItemID=691ae723-25d3-4ec8-ab67-e2f6093b5905

Ken

Sounds to me like a faulty thermostat. Does the flame size reduce when it gets up to temp? It should.

Could alternatively be low gas pressure. Did the service bod check this? Presumably you told him he was there to fix a fault rather than just service it?

Another suggestion is get an oven thermometer and see what temp it gets to for each setting on the dial.

I'm sure this is a fault rather than a badly designed product. Belling have been making ovens long enough to get the basics right like the temperature inside!

I'm inclined to agree with Mike. Our oven is a belling and it performs superbly.

Thanks for the posts folks, I thought the same and thus booked the service visit to replace the thermostat which was done by Belling engineer.

After the repair I checked the gas mark settings vs actual temperature achieved and its all spot on. But the real use of the oven is really bad.

Eg I make my own pizza's from scratch. Normally takes 12mins but in ours it took 30 mins and still wasnt cooked in the middle. Door seal is good so I really dont know what the troble is.