Brentford Warehouses

Up-Side-Down

Featured Posts

On a point of information does the towpath still run through the perimeter of the warehouses at Brentford or have they been demolished?

I have pictures of them taken in July 2011 in which they appear to be being demolished but Google Earth (dated 2015) shows them to be intact.

I know that at least one Forum member has a residential mooring at Brentford so perhaps you can solve the mystery.

Used to moor there up until last year, yes indeed, as Tim says, the path runs under the wharfs and comes out under the railway line.

Several people have tried to paint their boats underneath it, the pigeons tend to join in!

Ian one point a foot bridge was suggested to cross from there into Boston Manor park, talk of cafes and art galleries etc. I wonder if that's just what developers say to sweeten the deal? Glad they had to keep the wharfs though and I like the cladding.

VmtmtP4.png

Thanks for this. The partially stripped warehouses are what my pics show but without the fancy cladding. I take it then that the buildings will be/have been re-clad (at some point) or is the fully clad, Google Earth image correct for today? Are there definite plans for the buildings' use?

I can't quite remember what was agreed now, the pic I posted Is an artists impression which often change massively on completion. However with the amount of flats being built there at the moment, some leisure facilities will be built no doubt.

When I'm home later I'll have a look and see what I can dig up.

Best

Rob

The sheds have had the corrugated roof removed I think it was unsafe and the concrete wall along the towpath has had a very nice murial painted in its full length with canal scenes and fish and ducks ect and very nice it is to.

That would explain the stripped down look then - ta!

not sure if I have done this right but a week or so ago

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153587647379883&set=pcb.10153587648804883&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153587647394883&set=pcb.10153587648804883&type=1&theater

will host them to flicker tomorrow if needs be

maggie

Edited by maggie-y

Thanks for those Maggie – I can see them fine.