Very quiet

Bunny

Featured Posts

We have just come down the Avon and hardly seen a boat . Seeing its the 'silly month' where is everyone?? . We count ourselves lucky to have found a boat to lock up the Hatton with the other week . Plenty of mooring on the Avon at the usual hot spots , at Evesham there were only 2 boats . Still room at Pershore in the evening, even Tewkesbury had a space overnight. Now in worcester and loads of room above the locks . Whats it like where you are .?? Bunny

We have just come down the Avon and hardly seen a boat . Seeing its the 'silly month' where is everyone?? . We count ourselves lucky to have found a boat to lock up the Hatton with the other week . Plenty of mooring on the Avon at the usual hot spots , at Evesham there were only 2 boats . Still room at Pershore in the evening, even Tewkesbury had a space overnight. Now in worcester and loads of room above the locks . Whats it like where you are .?? Bunny

Busy at Stourport I am heading for the Avon and plan to stay in Worcester tomorrow. Hope Avon stays quite

I didn't see many boats moving yesterday (Iver to Watford on the southern GU), but then like most of the boating I've done this year it was on water I've never been on before, so I have no proper basis for comparison. But where I have been along canals I've done before, passing through Braunston on two separate trips, I've felt there was perhaps a bit less traffic this year. Maybe all the places featured by Tim & Pru or John Sergeant are busy?

Must be something going on north of Leighton Buzzard? - we've had 3 lovely old work boats pass us in the past hour....forget the name of the first one, but was followed by Kangaroo towing Australia just now.

I do really enjoy the sound of the old engines when they pass usclapping.gif

Currently moored in Pershore. I agree, it's pretty quiet. Had no problems at Comberton Quay the other night.

I hope it stays quiet as I'm back to work tomorrow so will be moving my boat on in the evenings. Hopefully I'll find somewhere to moor.

I do really enjoy the sound of the old engines when they pass usclapping.gif

Absolutely - and the sound of silence, broken only by a gentle swish, as the butty passes is equally appealing.

I was on the move yesterday morning (only between Brinklow marina and rose narrowboats) but I didn't see a single boat on the move.

My boat is out of the water now for a couple of weeks (blacking and a couple of other minor bits), getting it done during silly season since I cant use the boat then anyway.

Now I've looked over the boat out of the water I am pleased to say my initial judgement when buying without a survey was right, apart from one tiny bit of pitting on the waterline (spotted before purchase) the hull is in very good condition (actually better than I thought it would be)

I've just got back from an 11 day trip, Calcutt to GU Leicester / Soar, all pretty quiet, Trent and then Fossdyke to Lincoln and back, still pretty quiet, T & M to Fradley, still pretty quiet, Saturday on the Coventry to Sutton Stop, getting quite busy, then Sunday on the North Oxford back to Calcutt we seemed to pass a boat every 5 minutes. Maybe people are sticking to canals without many locks?

Busy recently Braunston to Napton with boats heading for Cropredy guess it will be busy the opposite way later next week.

Not kidding it was like the M1 between Napton and Braunston over the weekend. Boats going both ways though, and of course lots of hire boats leaving and returning to the area on Fri/Sat.

My personal record was only being 3rd in a lock queue, on a Sunday afternoon last summer for the top lock at Braunston. But no doubt I'll break that record as I do more boating in future. I was first in a queue of five on the Thames at Reading last month, but I don't think that counts because four boats got in the lock together.