Crew available

The Boater

Featured Posts

I am a boater with both wide and narrow beam experience gained over many years of boating.

I am available to act as an extra crew member, or can single hand for anyone who wants a boat moving to a new mooring, or returning after the owner has done a one way cruise.

Ian. 07704 249 523

• 4 months later...

Ian has crewed with us twice now. A great help through lock flights on the Grand Union.

He's good company and easy to keep, by just plying him with food and coffee!

We highly recommend him especially if you are single handed.

• 1 month later...

I may call upon your experience at some point - I move a 57 x 12ft boat single-handed.

I moved it from Wraysbury on the Thames to Bidford on Avon a few years ago with help only at Caen Hill and from a pilot to cross the Bristol Channel, but I do get knackered, so if I do a big move again I'll be in touch.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ian's great, he came up to meet me even though the weather put paid to any boating at all. Unfortunately we still haven't boated together but I'd have every faith in him. He also spotted the lack of volts on the dial and said of my battery problem, are you sure it's not the alternator? Yes it was, Ian, well done you! Definitely will call him when I know my plans, if I'm still single-handed on rivers.

• 4 months later...