Comfortably numb

Captain Fizz

Featured Posts

Their replacement boat for it is beautiful....

I haven't seen them since the unexpected swap of motor, but hope Paddy and Ruth don't mind me sounding a bit surprised.

I always though Comfortably Numb one of the nicest boats I have seen.

It has a gorgeous fit out that lacks any of the "over the topness" of some of the newer boats these days - a cracking well looked after boat, I would say.

Just trying to find out a little of the history of this boat, currently for sale at Whilton.

As the other person says belonged to Paddy and Ruth. Contact them through their blog really nice people am sure they will give you any information you want. Paddy was an HGV mechanic so you can be assured the boat has been well looked after

I think I know the new boat in question, probably Jiinad ( if that's the right spelling ) until recently owned by Trish, she was a good friend of Horace Foster, ex Midlands boatman who sadly died a few years ago. It is a Hawkins boat, tied recently at Netherton just up from Windmill End. I don't think Trish made much use of it once Horace died. Interesting fit out....

Dave

Pink Floyd are very, very boring.

Discuss, 2000 words.

ohmy.png

Depends how much weight you give to the use of the present tense in "Pink Floyd are very, very boring".

As a verdict on the "new" album, that's not particularly controversial. A lot of people thought it was pretty dull.

As a verdict on a band that, in its 60s-70s heyday, was one of the most relentlessly creative in history, it's just silly: a bit like when someone tells you they don't like the Beatles when what they mean is "I Want To Hold Your Hand was rubbish and so was that other one they did, When I'm Sixty Five or whatever it was, can't see what all the fuss is about."

I mean, come on. Even if you find every 60s/70s Floyd album boring in its own right, surely there's something a little bit interesting about the way they got from Piper to Meddle to Dark Side to The Wall (none of which sounds much like any of the others)?

Took the bait there, didn't I? You're lucky you didn't get the full 2000 words.

Hi, we are not selling the boat we have part chopped for our new boat,so Whilton own it now.She has been a good boat for us for the past 6-7 years. Got blacked every year ( the butty was always coming out for work so had them both out at the same time).

Our new boat is JJinad a Barry Hawkins boat .

and Pink Floyd in 2000 words ,If i have to explain you just ain't going to get it!!!