Funding Cwf

MtB

Featured Posts

Apologies for the delay - boating plus poor signal have got in the way of my new role.

We're in a good signal mooring now and tomorrow is free so I've designated it my CWDF day.

If the income is greater than the outgoings it would be really good if there were an addon to buy which would allow the direct posting of pictures. The present way is confusing to some and it means that if you decide to moved your photos to a different album then the link is lost.

I think that I will post this as a suggestion too unless it gets a quick response from Daniel or Paul C

N

If the income is greater than the outgoings it would be really good if there were an addon to buy which would allow the direct posting of pictures. The present way is confusing to some and it means that if you decide to moved your photos to a different album then the link is lost.

I think that I will post this as a suggestion too unless it gets a quick response from Daniel or Paul C

N

That is a good idea if its possible.

Just had my first look at the activity on Paypal and there's a lot of donations that have had fees deducted.

I don't use Paypal very much myself but seem to remember you need to flag the payment as friends/family rather than business to avoid it.

Could be worth a new topic if someone clever can do screenshots and walk through the process.

Just had my first look at the activity on Paypal and there's a lot of donations that have had fees deducted.

I don't use Paypal very much myself but seem to remember you need to flag the payment as friends/family rather than business to avoid it.

Could be worth a new topic if someone clever can do screenshots and walk through the process.

How much do paypal deduct?

Jamescheers.gif

I just checked my paypal donation and the recipient is:

"Merchant CANALWORLD.NET Verified"

So being a verified merchant I suspect it isn't possible to designate the payment as to "friends family".

I didn't notice any way to do it when I set mine up.

I also suspect Dan knew this when he elected to accept contributions by PayPal only.

That's it Mike your now a redundant fundraiser have you seen the new header .

So sorry no Honours list for you unless services to old boilers is good enough.

The lump sum has still not come out of my account so will try again at end of week.

In fairness Daniel has always received donations just not quite so publicly before

Its even been fairly public in the past. Just not in the form of regular donations.

So being a verified merchant I suspect it isn't possible to designate the payment as to "friends family".

I believe this is the case. CanalWorld's paypal account is a business account and hence I think non eligible for free transfers. There are a number of fee types, including one targeting 'micropayments' under £10.

Daniel

Question. Are those who have donated via the existing PayPal link on the 'About Us' page also had a PayPal deduction? Or Is that set up differently?

I set up a regular scheduled donation on 16th June 2015. Checking my PayPal account, the first payment went out on that same day.

I set up a regular scheduled donation on 16th June 2015. Checking my PayPal account, the first payment went out on that same day.

No I'm talking about PayPal fees...

Checking my PalPal account no fee was charged, but then again I made a one off payment using the original PayPal button on the CWF About Us link http://www.canalworld.net/aboutus.htm

Maybe the fee is related to setting up regular PayPal payments? Maybe there is a way of eliminating PayPal fees?

No I'm talking about PayPal fees...

Checking my PalPal account no fee was charged, but then again I made a one off payment using the original PayPal button on the CWF About Us link http://www.canalworld.net/aboutus.htm

Maybe the fee is related to setting up regular PayPal payments? Maybe there is a way of eliminating PayPal fees?

Ah. My PayPal account is linked to a debit card. I've never been charged a fee by PayPal.