Lymm Historic Transport Day

Liam

Featured Posts

I went last year and it was a great day out, lots to see including some nice boats and the whole village seems to take part. I was up in the main field most of the day though as we took some large scale flying models along to display, in the shape of a half size Flying Flea and a 17ft span Handley Page HP42 airliner. I'd love to meet some forumites and get lots of ideas and inspiration for my boat.

Ian.

Severn is hopefully towing Parbella the Kelloggs boat to Lymm to be there. We both moor in Leigh.

Methinks a steady trip. Parbella just fits through Bridges!

Tim

Booked in, will be boating up tomorrow.

Anyone who's going make yourself known, anyone interested in boating Northwich to Lymm tomorrow, pm me. Or text if you have my number!

See you there.

Daniel

Well, excellent day had.

Meant to say Hi Junior but arrived late on the Saturday, spent most of Sunday morning showing SNB Tixals new owner around out own boat/plant and talking to him about steam narrowboats (they also have the sister-engine to ours if you like, same design and builder) and then had a mad dash to see some busses and get some more traction engine time before it all left!

Photos on the bookface.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100399780526168.1073741872.274701078&type=1&l=e9793f84a5

Daniel

I too had a great day at Lymm. Superb displays throughout the village. I tried to meet a few folk from the forum but failed. Fantastic selection of boats. I was pleased to meet the custodian of Aquarius, who let me on board to see if the back cabin on his was anything like the back cabin in ours, I'm pleased to say it was very, very similar! I called down at EmilyAnne a couple of times too Daniel but you were out, or hiding!! I intend bringing our boat there next year but wonder how long it would take from Barlaston on the Trent and Mersey!?? Did anyone pass that way en route that could shed light?

Massive thanks to all who took stuff along, it was a great day!!

Ian.

Would have been great to meet, we where onboard most if the morning, if not up till 10. Off the boat maybe 2-3 till 5-6 looking at other boats (Inc parbella) and the field.

##

Canal plan makes the trip a fairly steady four days, or managable two weekends.

The whole of the top end of the t&m and the bridgewater is lock free which gets the over-ground average speed up.

http://canalplan.org.uk/cgi-bin/canal.cgi?quickroute=yes&where=Barlaston,%20Lymm%20Wharf

Daniel

I was up with the model aeroplanes (mine was the Bertie Bassett Flying Flea) all morning, then snook off a couple of times in the afternoon, especially for the parade which was superb!!

Next time perhaps!!

Ian.

I was up with the model aeroplanes (mine was the Bertie Bassett Flying Flea) all morning, then snook off a couple of times in the afternoon, especially for the parade which was superb!!

Next time perhaps!!

Missed the planes. Maybe next time indeed!