Python drive

Featured Posts

After 12 years I've finally had my Python drive fitted correctly. In so doing the drive plate part has been mounted the other way up revealing a tapped hole (approx M10). Can anyone tell me what, if anything, should be fitted there.

Thanks,

I presume by drive plate you mean the thrust bearing that the prop shaft fits into. I'm not on the boat at the moment, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any tapped holes on the thrust bearing housing.

ETA: My drive is a P30-R which most likely your is. I've looked at loads of photos and in the Python Drive manual and can't see any tapped holes in the bearing housing.

If you haven't got it, I can email you the manual, its a 673K PDF.

Edited by dor

Dor, whilst I respect your reply, the fact of the matter is: I most definitely have one on mine. Thanks for giving me the right description my brain couldn't recall it despite me studying the Python drive material on line last night. If I could work out how to load my photo then I would post it. I've 'lost' 3 attempts at replying trying to find the add photo option. Bl@@dy frustrating.

Edited by TeeELL

Dor, whilst I respect your reply, the fact of the matter is: I most definitely have one on mine. Thanks for giving me the right description my brain couldn't recall it despite me studying the Python drive material on line last night. If I could work out how to load my photo then I would post it. I've 'lost' 3 attempts at replying trying to find the add photo option. Bl@@dy frustrating.

I presume it is in the fixed part. Maybe someone had a go at tapping it to fit a grease nipple, although the bearing is supposed to be "sealed for life".