Wanted 12v Toggle switch to go through 1/2" wall

rubblequeen

Featured Posts

Does any one know where I can buy a 12v toggle switch (for the Whale Gulper) to fit through a 1/2" ply wall. There are plenty for sale that go through a dash board with a locking nut but I need one with a much longer threaded part.

Thanks

Or cutting first from the rear of the panel with a 30 or 40mm hole saw until almost through the ply. The waste can be prised out with a small wood chisel. You can then cut the hole to the desired diameter from the front of the panel

If you can't find such at item, consider cutting a larger whole and fiting the switch in to a plate. 12mm is not stupidly thick however.

Daniel

A Forstner tool would do the job. Use it first before drilling the smaller hole right through bulkhead.

snapfs_500.jpg

How much ? Don't buy these from marlin they will be at least half the price at cpc / farnell. Last ones I bought on offer where about 60p (+vat)

The problem with these is they are designed for thin panels up to 3or 4 mm You will need to be careful making

an accurate hole and probably need some judicious use of a file to get a good fit.

Does any one know where I can buy a 12v toggle switch (for the Whale Gulper) to fit through a 1/2" ply wall. There are plenty for sale that go through a dash board with a locking nut but I need one with a much longer threaded part.

Thanks

Hello,

I think you might struggle to find a toggle switch with that length of shaft, mainly because of how it works internally.

I do have a (new) push/pull switch, 2 terminal on/off rated at 12.5amps, this has a shaft length of more than .75".

If you pm me with your earth address I will post it to you.