trade boats

little duck!

Featured Posts

Bit like those unfeasibly small sandwiches where they cut them into triangles smile.png

Ah but aren't those the result of the line of thinking that small sandwiches are less fattening than big ones? So cut big ones up into tiny ones, then eat as many as you like?

We've bought new front and rear fenders from "Yorkshire Lass", also a set of mooring lines.

They usually moor somewhere along the eastern end of the T&M.

Edit for bad grandma.

Edited by Beaker

Is it an unfeasibly short butty too, or is it just the angle of the photo?

It is a short butty.

If I remember rightly, and it is nearly a year since I had a conversation with them at the Birmingham floating market, they had it built just for this purpose

We've bought new front and rear fenders from "Yorkshire Lass", also a set of mooring lines.

Edit for bad grandma.

Yorkshire Lass is currently moored in Willington

Alton and any other coal boat, the Wool Boat as sge came up Bosley Flight, The Towpath Herbalist and Wandering Geese Emporium are a few that come to mind.

I love seeing the Trade boats at all the festivals. Out of interest, how much does it cost to have a Traders licence?

It works out about £100 more than a normal licence, supposing that CRT sort themselves out for next year and still offer them

Edit for bad grandma.

ditto a few days ago at Willington

Yorkshire Lass is currently moored in Willington

Gone by Sunday AM

Is it an unfeasibly short butty too, or is it just the angle of the photo?

Mike

It is short - just over 27ft including the elum. The length is very deliberate as the motor is 42ft 6"!

Its two back end of boats welded together.

Andy

The wine boat had trade from us. North of Oxford last year. They were heading for the K&A.

Martyn

He gave me a couple of bottles for carrying all his empties back to the boat for him.

We run the floating art gallery Artism Afloat on the Bridgewater.

There is a posting about art boats on Narrowboatworld http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/leatest/8089-boaters-art-exhibition

I have lived in a bungalow called The Butty for over fifty years

its 72 feet long, always caused great amusement when giving the address

replies of Ken Dodd, chip, and Jam Butties.

When we were frozen in at market Harborough in 2010-11, we were fortunate to have the coal boat , 'Hadar', with Jo and Keith providing useful supplies, frozen in behind us. They were planning on going to the Llangollen in non coal season selling rag rugs and Measham teapots. Not seen them since, or been back to market Harborough. Are they still around?

When we were frozen in at market Harborough in 2010-11, we were fortunate to have the coal boat , 'Hadar', with Jo and Keith providing useful supplies, frozen in behind us. They were planning on going to the Llangollen in non coal season selling rag rugs and Measham teapots. Not seen them since, or been back to market Harborough. Are they still around?

Keith has had a poor time with his health for sometime and they have been moored up as a consequence. I am pleased to say that they are mobile again and in fact were in Market Harborough last week. They are at present at Welford getting blacked. They still trade various things but less coal than originally.