trade boats

little duck!

Featured Posts

Not sure if thats the correct name for them but we are moored next to chocolate boat so of course have supported them by buying some yummy samples! Have used cheese boat o several occasions. What boats have you supported on the cut?

I hope the sun doesn’t shine too much and melt it.

Sorry about that but someone had to say it.

Not sure if thats the correct name for them but we are moored next to chocolate boat so of course have supported them by buying some yummy samples! Have used cheese boat o several occasions. What boats have you supported on the cut?

We try to support Warren on the poo boat about every 4 - 6 weeks...does that count?

We also support Warren and Phil or Jules on the coal boats. Great to see boats trading, artists on the canals a floating troupe of artists are cruising down the South East this summer and look to have some lovely pop up shops. I'm also new to trading on the water, with my business licence just recently being approved. Have joined the roving canal traders association and looking forward to meeting other traders at events, festivals and markets in the summer.

Fuel, coal & other boaters bits from Brian & Annmarie on nb Alton when in their area & same off Jon & Hannah, nb Mountbatten when on the Llangollen. Always try to support them if we can, they work hard in all weather & what a service, door to door :)

Edited by Jamboat

Yup - forgot to mention M&P and Jules Fuels,

Phil supplied us with all of our coal for the past winter as well as gas and most of our diesel and wonderful customer service taboot. Competitive prices and delivered directly to the roof of the boat. The convenience of it is brilliantclapping.gif

We also support Warren and Phil or Jules on the coal boats. Great to see boats trading, artists on the canals a floating troupe of artists are cruising down the South East this summer and look to have some lovely pop up shops. I'm also new to trading on the water, with my business licence just recently being approved. Have joined the roving canal traders association and looking forward to meeting other traders at events, festivals and markets in the summer.

That means you will have to start "roving" tongue.png

I bought from the Record Shop Boat last year at the Cropredy Festival, hope he is thriving and still trading.

We shared Buckby Flight with him going South last August, had a great chat as we worked the locks down together! Didn't get opportunity to buy from him then however. There is a floating Hairdressers on the K&A that has seen our (well Mrs Dharl's) business.

I bought from the Record Shop Boat last year at the Cropredy Festival, hope he is thriving and still trading.

I saw him at Cropredy too, but earlier this month he was trading at Norbury Festival - I bought a Tom Jones record fret-sawed into a fantastic Welsh Dragon. Nice fella to talk to.

Bought a mug from a pottery boat a couple of years ago. And some cheese off a errrrrr...... cheese boat! When I say "cheese boat" I don't mean the boat was made of cheese, it was made of typical materials that boats are often made of. As was the pottery boat. Made of boaty stuff. Not pots. Imagine a boat made of pots banging into a lock, it would smash! Or a boat made of cheese...... It would get eaten, or go mouldy or probably just disintegrate...... Or something......

I suppose if the potter and the cheese boat people got together they make pots for cheese.

I'm in a hole. I'll stop digging!

Bought a mug from a pottery boat a couple of years ago. And some cheese off a errrrrr...... cheese boat! When I say "cheese boat" I don't mean the boat was made of cheese, it was made of typical materials that boats are often made of. As was the pottery boat. Made of boaty stuff. Not pots. Imagine a boat made of pots banging into a lock, it would smash! Or a boat made of cheese...... It would get eaten, or go mouldy or probably just disintegrate...... Or something......

I suppose if the potter and the cheese boat people got together they make pots for cheese.

I'm in a hole. I'll stop digging!

A butty made from cheese wouldn't be too bad though!