Member Map

Featured Posts

Following from Monday's site reload/upgrade, I have now reinstated the Member Map application. I've tested it on my phone (Android) and it seems to work fine. However I've heard reports from others that it doesn't. Please can you try it out and let me know if there's any error messages or what doesn't work etc on it, if possible with screenshots and I'll look into it, many thanks.

I know it loads a map of the entire world when you first go into it and have to zoom in and in to get to a sensible picture of the UK or a more local region - this is a "feature" of the application itself, and I don't think there's much I can do about it.

Appear to work find here on my computer; Chrome on a Win7 nettop.

Certainly the previous version zoomed to the most zoomed in it could be to show all members on the map, as we have members all over the world, once more than a handful had added the location, this was a whole-world view.

The new markers are large than I recall, which reduces the clarity of the map, however I have also noticed that the preview on each members profile page is zoomed to a much more sensible level of zoom than previously.

Thank you Paul.

However, on the phone; Chrome on Samsung Android although the map appears fine, zooms and pans, etc, there are no pointers on it, and there is a third button that has no text on it, although the location set button, and delete button, do.

Works fine if viewed in full-version rather than mobile skin.

Daniel

Android on Nexus tablet. I can zoom in ok and see red squares which I assume marks each member but touching them, if you will excuse that expression, does nothing so I can't actually tell which member is where.

Yes, touching them should expand into a small window with contains there name, which is a link to their profile.

Daniel

Just tried again. It does do that until I update my location when it stops. If I go back to the main forum page and select member map again it will work again.

Should all members automatically be on the map? Or do we have to 'add' ourselves?

Does the map indicate home addresses or boat mooring locations?

Seems to pick up on whatever location name you have in your profile - just changed mine and it updated straight away.

everything seems to work ok using Chrome on a laptop.....get map, get red squares...click on them...get name of member...links to their profile.

Dean

It does that fine for me too. Until I update my location then it stops working. but if I go back to main page and then select member map again it works.

Edited by pearley

Updating position works fine on my Android tablet.

Is there a way of choosing your location on the map and saving that though? At the moment I have to enter full address of location with postcode to achieve any accuracy. Even a means of entering lat/long from GPS would be handy.

When I had Pactor HF email on my last boat, the email program had option for picking up NMEA boat data including position, course, speed, wind etc. and formatting it into email that displayed your position on web based map for all to see. That was 10 years ago BTW.

You can see animated view of my route from Med to Caribbean then Venezuela in 2004/5 here

I can't add a location on iOS on my iPad via iPhone tethering.

When first clicking on the link do we always have to have the world in view? Then having to zoom in. Just a question.

Martyn

Same here on s5. Haven't tried on my note but will try later.